Skip to main content
Question

"Sonos doesn't have enough free space" when saving a queue as a playlist

• 30 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I only have 8 playlists saved.  The smallest has fewer than 60 songs and the largest has 3000 songs.  

When I try to save a playlist of 795 songs I get this error.  The songs are a mix from Napster and my personal library on my PC.  Any idea why?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @gmccann180.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining your concern, let me help and try to figure this out.

When getting this error message, as it says Sonos doesn’t have enough free space left, it is quite possible that you already hit the ceiling and you will need to minimize the song count of the playlist or delete older playlists.

• Generally, Sonos Playlists Limitation is a 10k track limit (total for all playlists), but it differs from specific music services and on the composition.
  • Rhapsody/Napster: ~10k (+/- depending on metadata)
  • Music Library Tracks: ~10k with minimal metadata and directory structure

If some of your playlists contain a large number of tracks (for example, a playlist containing your entire music collection), you will need to reorganize your playlists and then update your music library index.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.