Skip to main content
Question

SONOS DISASTER

• 17 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Help please from anyone, running S2 app on my system samsung s22... I reinstalled the app in an attempt to be able to play something on my system... Mix if new and old S2 compatible speakers... Now the app won't open at all due to a 'Bug'... Anyone have any solutions... SONOS was epic this app is destroying any credibility you had destroying a very expensive system 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Samsung phones appear to have an issue after yesterday’s speaker firmware update. Many are reporting this. There should be an app update this week (likely tomorrow now, I’d hoped for today...), so perhaps that will fix the Samsung issue. 

It’s feasible that if it was ‘caused’ by the firmware update, it could be ‘fixed’ by another firmware update, with no app update involved. Could go either way, though. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Samsung phones appear to have an issue after yesterday’s speaker firmware update. Many are reporting this. There should be an app update this week (likely tomorrow now, I’d hoped for today...), so perhaps that will fix the Samsung issue. 

Hi @Rhonny this behavior is not limited to Samsung devices, that just happens to me the most popular brand of Android devices.

See this :

https://www.reddit.com/r/sonos/s/sQRnuW0MLW

Use the Windows App, be sure to have no local library songs playing/chosen and the app will open again

This should have never been released like this. Obvs didn’t bother to test it well enough or forgot to push the app update. But over 24 hours later that they haven’t patched it is crazy.