Answered

Sonos Controller S1 v16.1 shut down immediately under Win11 since update from v15.x

• 29 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello everyone,

Since I updated my Sonos Controller S1 under Windows 11 to version 16.1, I can no longer start the app.

I briefly see the black SONOS S1 logo and that's it.
The logo disappears and the app is closed.
There is also no Sonos task to be found in the task manager.

A complete uninstall and reinstall did not change this behavior.

I only use Windows Defender as virus protection.
Deactivating this virus scanner for a short time made no difference, so that was obviously not the problem.

I am at a loss, does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks in advance and best regards from the far north of Germany

meMyself

icon

Best answer by Corry P 2 April 2024, 12:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @meMyself 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of the issues you’ve been having trying to open the Sonos app on your Windows 11 machine.

Please try uninstalling the Sonos app once more, but before re-installing, please delete the following folders:

• C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Sonos,_Inc
  • C:\ProgramData\Sonos,_Inc
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Sonos

Please also be sure to download the latest version of the Sonos app from our downloads page in order to reinstall.

If this does not resolve the matter, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Badge

Hello Corry,

thank you very much for your support.
- I have uninstalled the Sonos app again.
- The directories you listed were no longer present after the installation.
- I have downloaded the latest Windows version of the SONOS S1 app.
- I have carried out the installation in the standard folder
- the behavior is as before, the black SONOS S1 logo appears briefly, disappears again after a second and that's it

Best regards

Heiko

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @meMyself 

I’m sorry to hear those steps did not help, but thanks for updating the thread. I can now only suggest you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.