Answered

Sonos app won't update

• 30 April 2023
  • 5 replies

I have acquired a Sub Mini to add to my Beam. I have to update my app on my Android Phone. App refused to update. Remove app from phone, as recommended by Sonos chat. Now I can’t even reload it, so all Sonos products now helpless. Phone software up to date, so not that.

icon

Best answer by teemacs 1 May 2023, 12:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Makes two of us! Personally, I put it down to natural talent on my part. I keep trying to convince my employer to make me a part of their IT team, because, if there’s a problem with a computer system, I will find it every single time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

……..or exploded. ;-)

Not sure why your phone would not perform the basic function of updating an app.

Hello, and thank you for the replies. Turns out that it was the stupid phone! After multiple restarts, cache clearings, etc. I finally persuaded the app to load, and from that point on it was relatively plain sailing, and we are up and running.

I just wish that people would devise systems that didn’t require a degree in computer science. Or a substantial slice of clairvoyance. “Go to menu X, click on item Y”. But what happens when item Y actually isn’t there? One then has to go off on a treasure hunt. Perhaps it’s a function of age (I’m 75) and I come from a time when one simply wired things together and they worked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you confirm that you are trying to install the S2 app?  The Sub Mini only works with that version. https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/sonos-s2-compatibility

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What is the reason you cannot reload the app?