Skip to main content

Sonos app update 80.01.10

Sonos app update 80.01.10 for ios and 80.01.07 for Android is just released. Who’s going first? Let us know how it goes. Seems like a whole lot of fixes.

Release notes:

80.01.07 (Android)
80.01.10 (iOS)

Release date: 5/21/2024

In this update:

• Support for the all new Sonos Roam 2.

• Improved VoiceOver support, allowing for easier navigation and control on the Now Playing Screen, System View, Output Selector, Queue, Volume Sliders, and Add Product.

• Improved TalkBack support for the Now Playing Screen, System View, and Add Product.

• Improved Local Music Library playback of folders.

• Added the ability to Search for content to use with an Alarm.

• Improved system connectivity for Boost and portable products in sleep mode.

• Fixed issues with Add Product that resulted in incomplete registration, a need to sign in again, or inability to confirm a product PIN.
  • Fixed an issue with enabling Surround and Sub Audio.

• Fixed an issue that blocked Trueplay if a TV was the input source.

• Fixed an issue with asking for Local Network permissions.
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

36 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Still no iOS update in my part of the UK

Userlevel 3

Still no iOS update in my part of the UK

Same on my mother’s iphone in France.

I still can’t add a song to the music queue without replacement, this seems like such a basic capability

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

MULTI ROOM N MUSIC COLLECTION!

NOT HEADPHONE!!!

1 STAR!

I still can’t add a song to the music queue without replacement, this seems like such a basic capability

Not coming back till June allegedly 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I still can’t add a Move and Sub to my system.  App says they are added but may not be visible.  Maybe I will see them and be able to use them some time in June also.  

What have they done? The user interface is horrible. I select music and zones and nothing happens. I try to adjust volume and nothing happens. The update is not user friendly or intuitive. I wish I could revert to the old interface. Really poor job for a company that makes a great product. 

What have they done? The user interface is horrible. I select music and zones and nothing happens. I try to adjust volume and nothing happens. The update is not user friendly or intuitive. I wish I could revert to the old interface. Really poor job for a company that makes a great product. 

Try rebooting your phone. Also parts of the app are populated from the cloud so if you have a poor internet connection that can impact app performance. 

We are on fiber optic runny 300M/second so speed is not the issue and I have rebooted the phone. The issue is the horrible and unfriendly user interface. 

We are on fiber optic runny 300M/second so speed is not the issue and I have rebooted the phone. The issue is the horrible and unfriendly user interface. 

Yeah I worded that not well. Data for the controller are download from the cloud so if there’s congestion on the route to or from your house (this isn’t a connection speed issue) or the Sonos servers are not responsive then it could be the issue. Part of the problem is we don’t really know what the issue is when things go wrong with the app and im not sure Sonos does either. 

Raw speed is not the full description of Internet service quality. Consider a similar situation as you crawl by the 65mph speed limit sign during commuter hours.