Skip to main content

Hi all, SInce early June 2024, my Sonos app on Android is stuck in an infinite update loop. The app says a software update is available, asks to start the update, when I initiate the update the app says that my system is up-to-date, I then click on end and I’m back at square 1 where the app says a software update is available. I’m not sure if this refers to an app update or an update of the speaker software. 

I can’t get out of this loop. I can only send diagnostics. My Sonos app is completely unusable. I have to go through the Spotify app to use my speakers.

I uninstalled the app, updated my android firmware, unplugged all speakers, reset the wifi routers. 

My system is 2 x One, Sub and Boost.  

Do others have the same issue? I couldn’t find a recent post about this. 

Same issue here when trying to reconnect my era 100

I have the same issue and mine has been like this since May. The macOS version of Sonos works with no issues and luckily my son has an iPad so I can use it that way. But we are all on Android in the house and it is extremely inconvenient and makes my $1800 investment in this system useless. Help desk is useless as well. 

Usually there's an option to decline updates. Are you able to post a screenshot? Or at least transcribe the complete and exact wording of the message you're seeing?

Usually there's an option to decline updates. Are you able to post a screenshot? Or at least transcribe the complete and exact wording of the message you're seeing?

Nope... the only option I have is to send a diagnostic, which I did several times. These are the only 2 screens I have access to (in french). The back button doesn't lead to anything.

That’s annoying.

It could be just an issue with the app. Try force stopping the app then clear the app cache. Restart the app and see if it’s still happening. (Do not uninstall the app or anything dramatic like that.)

If that doesn’t work then it could be an issue with a single device out of sync with the others. Unplug one device then try again. If it doesn’t change, plug the first device back in and unplug a second device then try again. Work your way through your system one device at a time and see if you get success.

That’s annoying.

It could be just an issue with the app. Try force stopping the app then clear the app cache. Restart the app and see if it’s still happening. (Do not uninstall the app or anything dramatic like that.)

If that doesn’t work then it could be an issue with a single device out of sync with the others. Unplug one device then try again. If it doesn’t change, plug the first device back in and unplug a second device then try again. Work your way through your system one device at a time and see if you get success.

Good advise. The problem seems to be related to my Boost. I tried to update the Boost softare as required but for some reason it doesn't work (error 1001). Disconnecting the Boost gives me acces to my system again. Thanks.

That’s annoying.

Good advise. The problem seems to be related to my Boost. I tried to update the Boost softare as required but for some reason it doesn't work (error 1001). Disconnecting the Boost gives me acces to my system again. Thanks.

Thanks for the help with this too. My sonos roam was out of sync with the rest of my setup but I got caught in the infinite update loop as well. If you have a few of the sonos products, I'd suggest turning them all off and opening the app then bringing them all online again and try manually initiating a system update via the app once they are all reconnected and visible in the app. This worked for me and brought me out of the infinite update loop.

I am also stuck in this same loop. I force closed the app, cleared cache, uninstalled and reinstalled it. Nothing seems to work. Looks like Sonos messed up big time with these round of updates.

Hi all, SInce early June 2024, my Sonos app on Android is stuck in an infinite update loop. The app says a software update is available, asks to start the update, when I initiate the update the app says that my system is up-to-date, I then click on end and I’m back at square 1 where the app says a software update is available. I’m not sure if this refers to an app update or an update of the speaker software. 

I can’t get out of this loop. I can only send diagnostics. My Sonos app is completely unusable. I have to go through the Spotify app to use my speakers.

I uninstalled the app, updated my android firmware, unplugged all speakers, reset the wifi routers. 

Same exact issue.  What kind of POS app automatically goes to a screen without providing options. This app worked fine the other day when I was streaming on my five.  Went to plug in a one I had lying around and I got this loop when opening the app.  Now even unplugging the One, deleting and reinstalling the app, i get this loop.  No wonder Sonos is a sinking ship.

Same exact issue.  What kind of POS app automatically goes to a screen without providing options. This app worked fine the other day when I was streaming on my five.  Went to plug in a one I had lying around and I got this loop when opening the app.  Now even unplugging the One, deleting and reinstalling the app, i get this loop.  No wonder Sonos is a sinking ship.

Just resolved this.  Had to open the windows app and initiate all updates there.  Now my android app works as well.  Sonos needs to fix their android app as some people may not wish or want to use windows to resolve, nor should they have to.  No app should go through a single option that has an option to get into an endless loop.  that is coding 101.

Same issue. One of about 1,000 that this absolute sh*t company has. Can their software people get anything right? These a$$holes could f*ck up toast.

I had the same problem with my Play3.  I was connecting to it with the Sonos (S2) app but my Play3 was not yet updated to S2 and apparently was missing an S1 update.  So I connected it with the S1 app and then it did an update to my Play3.  Then I did a factory reset (which apparently does not remove the updates),  and I connected to the Play3 with the newer Sonos app (which is apparently S2).  Then it did another update and this time it worked (after two tries).  (Your can’t make this crap up).  Now I deleted the Sonos S1 app from my phone.

Hi, the solution that worked for me to get out of this loop was to install the Sonos desktop software on my home PC ( that shares the same home network as my Sonos system). Run a manual software update Manage>Check for Software,update. Have the PC do the Sonos update. I then force close the Sonos app on my android phone and when I open it again everything works as it should. Hope this helps. A pain I know, but until Sonos look into this..... 

I have the same problem.  I did the update through my windows computer and I’m still stuck.  How do you fix this?  I have a party today and need Sonos running- wondering why I even have Sonos anymore.  Never works easily.

@dwblenk 

Your advice worked for me to get out of the infinite update loop! I disconnected all Sonos devices, opened the Sonos App (Android), reconnected a device, one by one while invoking a manual configuration update in the App each time. The update loop is gone.

Many thanks!