Skip to main content

Is anyone else getting there Sonos settings , EQ etc cleared out and not saving? Even my trueplay is showing as if I haven’t done it, and also the all amps seem to be going “WiFi enabled” even if I had some “disabled” 

I have a tech who’s been trying to disable wifi. Every time he turns one off another enables it again. The last few updates have made the app, that was already suspect network wise, much worse. If you call technical support they’ll just have you going in circles and saying the problem is your network. You won’t have half of these problems with autonomics any other music hardware that I can think of.

Update - my tech just got back to me and said that if you turn off the wifi, let it go through, then power down the device. The wifi will stay disabled after the reboot. He found this in another part of the forum and says it worked. Which is sad, but glad we found a work around. Get it together Sonos.

Saw this: To those who are struggling because of the latest update to the Sonos app, I have found a way to disable the Wi-Fi. I can’t believe this actually works, but if you disable Wi-Fi, let it finish, then immediately power off the Sonos amp when it finishes. Then when it powers back on the Wi-Fi will stay disabled!! I have 10+ sonos amps on a unifi network so naturally to avoid STP issues i need to have them all on ethernet only. In the past this was easy but ever since the latest update disabling Wi-Fi stopped working. But with this trick, you can actually disable the Wi-Fi until Sonos pushes an update to fix this issue. Hope this helps someone who is struggling.