Skip to main content
Question

Sonos app problems - sign-in loop & my music library still not accessible

• 1 August 2024
  • 9 replies

I’ve waited since the beginning of May for this to be sorted.  Is it just a problem that is peculiar to me?

I have used Sonos for many years and had only a few problems (all sorted) before May.

I rarely stream from Radio etc but e.g. Radio Paradise works fine.

What still does not work is accessing the music on my PC via the app (Android).  Again I had few problems before May.

I constantly get “Sign in as the System Owner” even when I have done so.

My computer frequently disappears from Music Source (Windows Media PC).  When I add it again I still can’t play music from the app.

So if anyone PLEASE can help me I would be most grateful.  Is this a problem with my set-up (I reiterate it worked fine pre-May) or have Sonos not yet sorted it.

Thanks in advance for any help

Well - I’ll be jiggered I think it is sorted - well at least the access to my music library - not perfect but working.

Need help ask.

Are you able to access Imported Playlists?

Sorry, Sonos playlists but not imported.  But compared to what I have had for the last 2 months a step forward.

And it looks like sign in loop might still be there - I’m just so happy I can play from the app!!

Same issue!

Anyone have a solution?

What did Sonos Support say, when you called in to discuss it?

Sorry, Sonos playlists but not imported.  But compared to what I have had for the last 2 months a step forward.

Gotcha. At this point anything is an improvement.

All my music is available, but no imported playlists. I’ve tried everything suggested, plus a bunch of random other stuff. And I called, twice, but the wait was 120-something and 90-something minutes respectively. But I get it. I’m gonna have to bite the bullet this week and get them on the phone.

Nothing. Based on everyone’s experience with that, I. didn’t bother, but I was able to resolve the issue.  The short version is:

Delete the app 

shut down the phone

unplug then replug the router

turn the iuuuuikkolp mo

download and launch the app

factory reset the speaker - search for  “factory reset. You’ll see instructions based on the model you have (mine is on the metal stamp on the bottom of the unit). 

sign in as if it’s the first time- don’t login as an existing user or to an existing system  

connect to your router, do the account setup - the app will walk you through the process 

I had to do this 3 times before it took hold.  

Good luck!