Question

Sonos app on wifi cannot see Plex server

Show first post

27 replies

@Bumper 
Thanks for the suggestion , as per @Ken_Griffiths suggestion above I turned off Hibernation as per your suggestion above and re-ran my test and unfortunately it made no difference.
FYI: Ther Sonos Plex service always ok via SonoPad app, old Sonos 16.1 app and new Sonos web app. It only times out using new IOS app.
Ross.

Sorry I missed that, I should have known Ken would cover that as he’s very thorough.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@Ken_Griffiths @Bumper 

An update on my Plex timeout issue just in case it helps anyone else…

In an attempt to speed up the Plex response to Sonos I ticked-off nearly all of the Plex music library “Recommended” setting within Plex below. All of them were previously ticked. 
When I now select the Plex service within the new Sonos app it now (nearly always) responds with data as expected.

Just FYI: The only area where Plex still fails is when I go into “Other Sources” within the Plex response to Sonos where it fails with “Unable to load content” in the Sonos web app and “Something Went Wrong. Try Again” in the new Sonos IOS app. I am not concerned with this error though.

If Sonos are following this thread, I request that you increase your timeout value when you are waiting for a response from Plex.

Ross