Skip to main content

Sonos App Not Working Anymore

• 13 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello,

My Sonos app is not controlling my Play 3 speaker anymore. The app is constantly showing error messages that there is no product found, yet it finds the product after about thirty minutes. I then play a song and half way through the song the app just shows the error message that there is no product! Yet it was playing the song!? I press the volume but there is no immediate response. Three minutes later the volume adjusts! There is tremendous lag with every single function on the app. Also if I press a function in the app (like Spotify) the whole app freezes and I have to try and close everything and start again. Also the app will not shut down, as it doesn't respond to commands in the app (as the app is frozen). I go to the 'force stop' command on my phone and this doesn't even work to stop the app.

The app is completely unusable and it is not communicating with my Play 3 properly. I've rebooted all devices and nothing helps. I don't want to factory reset the Play 3, as I'll lose all my music. I don't want to uninstall and reinstall the app, as again I'll lose all my music. Plus, even if I do these two things, things may still not work, and I would've lost all my music in vain.

Everything is set up properly with both phone and speaker on the same wireless router. 

I was on hold for seventy minutes today to Sonos Support but no one answered, so I put the phone down.

I'm at a loss. Can anyone help? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I’m having the same issues!  Also recently bought an ERA 300 which hasn’t worked with the new app.  Tried calling technical support numerous times and was on hold for multiple hours each time.  I also sent messages to the PR Department and CEO.  Nobody cares at the company so I am driving to the store to return recent products.  Will switch to the competition!

Also switching products. After looking across all sorts of online help and forums, one thing is obvious: Sonos does not care about providing a product that works with common consumer network configs and domestic internet services. The app is unusable and troubleshooting it requires too much work. Advice to Sonos: be more customer centric and get a clue.