Answered

Sonos App Issues

• 15 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Is anyone else having an issue yesterday and today? For both my wife and I when we load up the Sonos app on our iPhones (15 pro), the app is extraordinarily slow to show any recent listening history, and if you go to the gear tab, system is greyed out. I tried to attach a screenshot, but it didn’t work for some reason.

Then I try to play something from Apple Music, and it just… doesn’t play. 

We have an Arc + 2 Era 300s and a Sub in one room, another room with a Move 1, and two other rooms with One SLs.

So, what does work? I can use the Sonos app on my Windows computer and it works just fine (so far as I can tell) as all speakers can play in sync. I can also ask one of the speakers to do smarthome stuff with Alexa, and that works (lights on/off, etc.) but when I ask it to play music, it says the name of the song I asked for.. but doesn’t play it. Audio out of HDMI on the TV also works.

I’ve rebooted my router, restarted both phones… and nothing.

Grateful for any suggestions.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 16 April 2024, 11:06

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @steveathanas 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of the issue you’re having in getting your iPhone controllers (apps) to work with your system!

The first thing that comes to mind is if there is any difference in how your computer connects to your network, as compared to your iPhones (ethernet, for example)? Does your network structure consist of only your router, or do you have any devices that extend the reach of your WiFi, like extra mesh nodes, WiFi Extenders or WiFi Boosters?

When you open the app, the first speaker to respond to a “is there anybody there” query becomes the speaker responsible for providing all the details about the system to your app for the current session. This is known as the Associated Product. Please go to Settings » System » About my system and look for which product is assigned as the Associated Product - the IP address will be given, and you can check that against the room names further down the page. Once you have identified the Associated Product, please unplug it from power for a moment, then plug it back in.

If that does not help, I recommend rebooting your router - I see that you have tried this already, but if you did not turn it off for at least 30 seconds, then I recommend that you do so - it really can make a difference.

If you are unable to play from Apple Music via the Sonos app, then it makes sense that you cannot do so with Alexa either. I recommend that you Reauthorize your Apple Music account within the Sonos app (when things are working, of course) - Settings » Services & Voice » Apple Music » Reauthorize Account.

Should you continue to have the same issue with the app on your iPhones, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.