Skip to main content
Question

SONOS App for IPhone's different color Icons

• 12 June 2024
  • 5 replies

I recently downloaded the Sonos App from the App Store. It shows up as an icon in black on my IPhone 13 Pro Max running IOS 17.5.1 whereas it shows up as a golden colored icon on my IPhone 7 running IOS 15.8.2. Can someone enlighten me if these are 2 different apps or what is the explanation please ??

Look forward to understanding this - thanks.

5 replies

The gold one is the older version icon, the black is the new. 

Hi & thanks so much for the clarification. Is it just the appearance that’s diffeeent or also the feature’s & functionality of the app ?? Why can’t my IPhone 7 install the newer version - is that related to the version of the phone’s OS ??

Hi & thanks so much for the clarification. Is it just the appearance that’s diffeeent or also the feature’s & functionality of the app ?? Why can’t my IPhone 7 install the newer version - is that related to the version of the phone’s OS ??

They are completely different from the ground up.  I don’t know why your other phone cannot load the new app, but here are the requirements:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-app-requirements

Hi again & thanks so much for the input. I will check out the info in the link you shared with me - much appreciated !!

Thanks again - that clarifies the issue. 

krgds