Skip to main content
Question

Sonos app error with Anghami music

I have been using Sonos app for two years without any issues in accessing my music services while connected to my Sonos Move. However, soon as i updated to the new App i lost ability to play Anghami service. I keep getting “something went wrong. Try again.” I tried everything to troubleshoot (downloading Sonos App to another device, deleting it, deleting Anghami service and re-authorizing it, and connecting to another network), but nothing worked. I still can’t use the Anghami app in Sonos App. Its bizarre because other services work just fine (youtube…) but not Anghami which is the only reason why i have been using Sonos App in the first place. Welcome any advice to resolve this issue. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

21 replies

Same here. Tried both tablet and cell (both Samsung, not that it matters)

Sonos update broke the integration with Anghami.

It broke a lot of other things too. Hopefully Sonos is reading this.

I have the same problem. Too bad that I am giving a party tonight for a special occasion. Prepared a playlist. Now at a loss.

Same here, both on IOS and Android, older version of app still works (1 phone I did not upgrade). So it is directly related to the new App version, Sonos please fix it!!

Same problem here and I tried everything still doesn't work.

Please fix that problem as soon as possible.

I have the same problem as well.

It is really frustrating how the new update broke everything.

I own products that costed more than 2000 Euros but now not able to use them after the update.

I Just moved to JBL after the last update 

the same issue i am facing 

Same issue here. Anghami not working but other services are fine.

Same thing since the update 

Same problem here. I deleted my Anghami account and reauthorized it again but the problem is still there. Whenever I play something from Anghami it says “something went wrong, try again”. I try many times but no use. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @WK79 et al

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thanks for reporting this issue. Due to our location, we are unable to test this service directly. Could I ask for some of you to please submit a support diagnostic and reply here when finished to let me know you have done so? This will aid in our investigation. Thanks.

Please don’t post any diagnostic numbers - just let me know when you have submitted, and I will find them.

Hi Corry, i submitted diagnostics twice, today and around 12 May. My case number is ********. 

hope you find a solution soon. Thank you

Moderator edit: removed case number - identifying information

Hi Corry, 

i just submitted diagnostics a couple of minutes ago. 

Thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @WK79 & @MAQ1400 

Thank you both - I have forwarded them to my colleague!

I have the same and so does my husband. We found somewhere an advice to reset Anghami password as a workaround but this did not work at all. 

Hi Corry, 

We still cannot access Anghami via Sonos. I hope that you guys found a solution. 

I also submitted diagnostic around 2 hours ago to add another case

I submitted my diagnostics. Can’t believe it’s been more than a month and this issue is still ongoing.

Also am having trouble with this. Please fix this issue SONOS

Can we please get a response from Sonos about this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Kenamro 

We are aware of the issue and are investigating. There is no estimate for when a resolution will be implemented.

I’m sorry I don’t have more information to give you.