Skip to main content

Sonos app

• 31 May 2024
  • 4 replies

I am wondering if anyone has successfully used the Sonos system with Apple products?  For several years I have struggled to get the speakers to work, many reboots, restarts, all of the suggested Sonos postings, etc.  Nothing will keep them working.  If you have used an Apple (iPad or IPhone) with Sonos successfully, would you be so kind as to let me know how you have done this.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

No issues with Apple and Sonos here. The only way to advise is to know what you are doing that is going wrong? The app is just the controller - any speakers needing rebooting are likely to be affected by wifi/network issues more than an issue with the, in effect, remote control. 

Where specifically are you getting issues? No-one can help with generalisations.  

Userlevel 1

Specifically, I have a Sonos one system of three speakers.  I downloaded the App Sonos1 from Apple website yesterday.  Rebooted, restarted, unplugged, and reset.  After doing this (for approximately the 10th time), it worked well.  Today, I go to play music and nothing.  Sonos app and Apple app can’t find Sonos speakers.  This has happened in a similar fashion for all of the 10 reboots, restarts, resets, etc.  It will work for a period of time, Usually more than a day, and then Sonos can’t be found by either Apple App or Sonos app.  Speicifics?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I have been using Sonos with Apple devices for years and never had an issue connecting with the system. Even with the new app update. iPhones, iPads Macs, Apple TVs. Call me an Apple fanboy. I do not experience the connection issues. I have 11 Sonos devices, 5 of which are hardwired. I have always recommended users who are having connection issues, to try and hardwire a speaker to see if that solves your issue. If it does, its your network, specifically a configuration issue with your WIFI.

Yes, I know Sonos is marketed as a wireless audio system, but my philosophy is, if it has an ethernet port, use it if you can. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Specifically, I have a Sonos one system of three speakers.  I downloaded the App Sonos1 from Apple website yesterday.  Rebooted, restarted, unplugged, and reset.  After doing this (for approximately the 10th time), it worked well.  Today, I go to play music and nothing.  Sonos app and Apple app can’t find Sonos speakers.  This has happened in a similar fashion for all of the 10 reboots, restarts, resets, etc.  It will work for a period of time, Usually more than a day, and then Sonos can’t be found by either Apple App or Sonos app.  Speicifics?

You say you have a Sonos one system of three speakers. And downloaded the Sonos 1 app just yesterday? What speakers do you have specifically? And are they definitely those whose functionality is available only to the old Sonos 1 app?