Answered

Sonos Amazon Music Unlimited Playlists

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Today my Sonos is refusing to load any playlist I created on Amazon Music Unlimited that has more than 100 songs. I’ve reset router, cable modem, all speakers/amps, controller, deleted and reactivated the amazon account. All apps and Sonos controller are up to date. I verified my amazon account is active and still at the unlimited level, which it is. 

What is really odd is I can load any playlist, no matter what size, if it was created by amazon. I just can’t load my playlists, unless they have 100 or less songs. I contacted Sonos support and was told amazon limits playlist to 100 songs on Sonos, although only my personal playlist are not working if over 100 songs. I contacted amazon and they said they do not limit playlist songs to 100 on Sonos.

I really don’t want to switch from amazon, I have been happy for a couple of years with their unlimited service.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

The attached pictures shows what I see when I try to load a playlist with over 100 songs. Song 100 shows then just blanks for all the remaining songs. This is the PC app but it does the same on my iPhone app.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by mpbakios 21 April 2023, 15:30

View original

108 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I fixed the problem. I ended up getting a Wiim Pro. No more playlist limitation, not WiFi drops, or unable to find my device in my network. 

Very interesting. If I was not so heavily invested in Sonos, I would give the Wiim Pro a serious look at. Sure would save a lot of money vs Sonos. Sonos may be in trouble if the Wiim Pro catches on.

Can’t you just use one with your Connect line-in anyway🤔?

Not sure, I’m trying to trade my Sonos Connect Gen 2 for another WiiM pro. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I fixed the problem. I ended up getting a Wiim Pro. No more playlist limitation, not WiFi drops, or unable to find my device in my network. 

Very interesting. If I was not so heavily invested in Sonos, I would give the Wiim Pro a serious look at. Sure would save a lot of money vs Sonos. Sonos may be in trouble if the Wiim Pro catches on.

I have 6 Sonos Connect amps that only have analog inputs, no digital inputs. I do have one connect that has digital inputs. I also have one play 5 and five play 1 speakers. I could hook up one Wiim Pro to the connect using digital input but that would be it. Analog would be too much of a step back in sound for me. So for me I’ll stick with Sonos until they drop support of my equipment. If I was starting new I would definitely be looking at the Wiim Pro.

I do have one question for you. Does the Wiim Pro allow playing different Amazon Stations and playlist on multiple Wiim Pros at the same time? On my Sonos system, if I use the Sonos app, I can play one playlist in one room and other playlists or stations in other rooms. I could have every Sonos amps and speakers playing something different from Amazon at the same time. No family plan needed. Is this possible with Wiim Pro?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have 6 Sonos Connect amps that only have analog inputs, no digital inputs. I do have one connect that has digital inputs. I also have one play 5 and five play 1 speakers. I could hook up one Wiim Pro to the connect using digital input but that would be it. Analog would be too much of a step back in sound for me. So for me I’ll stick with Sonos until they drop support of my equipment. If I was starting new I would definitely be looking at the Wiim Pro.

I do have one question for you. Does the Wiim Pro allow playing different Amazon Stations and playlist on multiple Wiim Pros at the same time? On my Sonos system, if I use the Sonos app, I can play one playlist in one room and other playlists or stations in other rooms. I could have every Sonos amps and speakers playing something different from Amazon at the same time. No family plan needed. Is this possible with Wiim Pro?

I don’t have multiple WiiM Pros or Mini so I’m not sure. I will let you know if this is possible when I get my second. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I don’t have multiple WiiM Pros or Mini so I’m not sure. I will let you know if this is possible when I get my second. 

For fun I asked Google’s Bard AI “Can two "wiim pros" streamers, on the same network, play different amazon music unlimited playlists at the same time?”

This is what it came up with.:

Yes, two WiiM Pro streamers can play different Amazon Music Unlimited playlists at the same time. The WiiM Pro supports multi-room audio, which allows you to stream music to multiple devices simultaneously. To do this, you will need to create a group of devices in the WiiM Pro app. Once the group is created, you can select the playlists that you want to play on each device.

Here are the steps on how to play different Amazon Music Unlimited playlists on two WiiM Pro streamers at the same time:

1. Download the WiiM Pro app on your smartphone or tablet.
  2. Open the app and sign in to your Amazon Music Unlimited account.
  3. Tap the "Devices" tab.
  4. Tap the "Create Group" button.
  5. Give your group a name and select the devices that you want to include in the group.
  6. Tap the "Done" button.
  7. Tap the "Playlists" tab.
  8. Select the playlists that you want to play on each device.
  9. Tap the "Play" button.

The playlists will start playing on the selected devices. You can adjust the volume and playback settings for each device individually.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I don’t know if anyone is still following this thread but you might find this interesting.

I asked Google’s Bard AI “Does amazon music unlimited limit the size of playlist played on a Sonos music system?”

This is the AI’s response:

Yes, Amazon Music Unlimited limits the size of playlists that can be played on a Sonos music system. The limit is 500 songs. If you try to play a playlist with more than 500 songs, you will receive an error message.

This limit is in place to prevent playback issues on Sonos systems. When a playlist is too large, it can take longer to load and can cause playback to stutter or skip. Amazon Music Unlimited is constantly working to improve the playback experience on Sonos systems, and they may eventually increase the playlist size limit. In the meantime, you can create multiple playlists with fewer songs to get around the limit.

Interesting all this talk about Amazon having a limit of 100 songs, just absolutely incorrect.  I have 711 tracks in one of my playlists that I created.  Now, the issue I have is Sonos only shows 500, so it’s missing 211 tracks.  That is my problem.  

@Phil-Moorings 

My own personal understanding is that the Amazon music ‘playlist’ limit on Sonos is 500 tracks, as per the answer seen in this thread from @mpbakios

It’s been that limit, as far back as I can recall, but the discussion here, a while ago, was that it got reduced to 100, however it was quickly fixed by Amazon, who restored it back to 500.

Today my Sonos is refusing to load any playlist I created on Amazon Music Unlimited that has more than 100 songs. I’ve reset router, cable modem, all speakers/amps, controller, deleted and reactivated the amazon account. All apps and Sonos controller are up to date. I verified my amazon account is active and still at the unlimited level, which it is. 

What is really odd is I can load any playlist, no matter what size, if it was created by amazon. I just can’t load my playlists, unless they have 100 or less songs. I contacted Sonos support and was told amazon limits playlist to 100 songs on Sonos, although only my personal playlist are not working if over 100 songs. I contacted amazon and they said they do not limit playlist songs to 100 on Sonos.

I really don’t want to switch from amazon, I have been happy for a couple of years with their unlimited service.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

The attached pictures shows what I see when I try to load a playlist with over 100 songs. Song 100 shows then just blanks for all the remaining songs. This is the PC app but it does the same on my iPhone app.

Thanks!

I'm having a similar problem in that all of my Amazon Unlimited playlists won't load. I get to "The" and it won't load my Toby Keith playlist. (my playlists are alphabetically listed.) Any help is appreciated!