Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos 2 and TuneIn

Thanks for any help I can get. I am pretty much a wash-out with technology. 

Okay. For a long time, I enjoyed uising TuneIn with my Sonos 1 app on an android phone. But I just bought an Apple i phone 13 and installed Sonos 2. ( Took me forever! ). But when I try to TuneIn and select “LOCATIONS,” only a few of the station icons light up and allow access. I don’t get it. Sonos 1 on the Android allowed easy and immediate access to all stations no matter where. 

Does this mean that I have to type in an address for each/any radio station I might want to listen to and then hit “Search?” 

Thanks for thje help.

Phil Garmey

Lynchburg, Virginia

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hey, Phil. There really shouldn’t be any difference in the TuneIn plug in between S1 and S2. 

I would be checking a couple of things. First, log in to your account at www.Sonos.com (not the forums) and make sure you’ve got at least your city, state, and zip code entered in on your account. Sonos uses much of that information to filter what they show you in the controller.

Second, I’d be tempted to actually delete the S2 controller app completely from your phone, then reboot the phone. Once it comes back up, download/install a fresh copy. Don’t worry, all of the Sonos settings are stored on the speakers, you’ll just want to ‘join an existing system’ when you install a fresh copy.

If neither of those work, however, I’d be tempted to submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Bruce:  Thank you very much for your response which I am sure will prove helpful. You are most kind to take the time to help. I wish you a very safe and happy July 4th!  My Best, Phil