Skip to main content

Some of my iTunes music albums do not appear in my SONOS library

• 10 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a large collection of music on my PC and my iTunes library feeds my SONOS library. But I notice that some are missing from SONOS. To take an example, I have 9 albums by the band Santana on iTunes and all of them play OK via iTunes. But only 5 of them are available on Sonos. These ones that do are all either MP3 or M4A files. The others are all WAV files. Does Sonos not recognise WAV files? Have I got to go back and convert all of the WAV files in my collection to (say) MP3?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Sonos supports WAV from your music library, but the maximum supported sample rate is 48 kHz. The max supported bitrate is 16-bit.

Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/supported-audio-formats-for-sonos-music-library

Thank you for your reply. 

I use WaveCorrector.com to digitise vinyl. Sample rate is 44.1 and bit rate 16. I know for certain that 2 of the Santana discs (‘Welcome’ and ‘Borboletta’) were digistied via this software so surely they should be fine on Sonos. But they just arean’t there!

My other source is freegalmusic.com which comes via my public library (you’re allowed to freely download up to 5 tracks per week). I have no idea about bit/sample rates in this case.

Otherwise I have loaded CDs directly onto my PC via iTunes itself and I assume that these are all OK via Sonos but I’ll do further checks.

I replied yesterday but the text seems to have disappeared.

Thanks for your reply

I use Wave Corrector to digitise vinyl. Sample rate is 44.1 and bitrate is 16. My Santana recordings that are WAV files have come via Wave Corrector. These are the ones which don’t appear in the SONOS app, neither on the s/ware on my PC, nor on the app on my iPhone. (BTW it’s the second version of Sonos, with the beige coloured screen icon)