Skip to main content

Solution to the Sonos App Issues

• 11 May 2024
  • 3 replies

I’ve found the solution to the years long issues with the Sonos app.  It’s apparent the Sonos executives don’t care to invest our $$$ poured into the hardware over the years as they’ve never done anything to resolve the millions of negative comments over the years, for both iOS and Android  (like myself) user.

The fix is… DITCH THE SONOS BRAND AND MOVE ON.  I’ve just ordered new Denon components to compliment my Denon turntable.  I’ll be selling or passing these products on after 5 years of frustration.

If I could sue the company and get every cent I spent on these things, I would… Anyone care to initiate a Class Action suit ??

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I totally get your frustration! Every time they update the app it gets worse! Even a 10 year old could design a better app. Denon- I’ll investigate!

I totally get your frustration! Every time they update the app it gets worse! Even a 10 year old could design a better app. Denon- I’ll investigate!

Well, I definitely agree there. The sad thing is, you can’t fault the hardware itself much. It’s great equipment BUT, for me, as a basement tenant in a house ~ even though I have great liberties and access to my landlords internet account ~ there’s no sure fit to get the crAPP to work as it should. I can’t run a line up to the router from one of the units, and even if I could, that’s too risky with 2 young kids up there.

As for the Denon, new appreciation for their equipment and their Heos app/system seems to gauge less on the side of being at fault and topic of frustration.  So I opted for their compact 550 playbar (technically a step up from my older Sonos bar) and a single 350 (for link to turntable), both of which have Heos built in to link, including a refurbished Denon wireless Sub from Amazon for a fraction of the $$

Just don’t know what to do with all the hardware they are replacing my playbar works fine regardless of the app… BUT, my Play5, is what’s driving the turntable and without that coming up… total loss of any spin time. And after receiving an order of LPs from Greece yesterday too… it made the whole situation worse.  

thanks to those stopping here, for listening to me vent!  

How poorly big company can manage basic software development and customer experience. I was totally surprised two days ago when I was about to put some night time music and story for my daugther. App updated without any info what would have catched my notice and immediately many daily features missing. Well you know the story about the new app.

I found this thread when I started thinking my next steps. Why would I continue supporting this company and only way to make them learn is switch to other brand and let them see decline in sales and users.

I need to still look for alternatives but share your advices if you have tested the competing products. I'm playing from NAS, using atmos setup with Genelecs and AV receiver through Sonos connect and I have few play1 speakers in separate rooms. Sonos beam was in my bucket list but luckily I didn't yet bought it. Streaming services have changed over time but Deezer, Tidal, Apple music, Spotify, Soundcloud and some audio book services have been in use.

Denon Heos and Bluesound are currently the ones I'll explore further.

Edit: forgot to mention that have been using Sonos roughly from 2010 when there wasn't any comparable products in market to my mind.