Answered

slow response and disconnects after last update

• 23 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Everything seems to have latency lately. To the extreme of suddenly losing contact with the system (while it’s playing from our  library or  internet stream). 
when we start playing something, it takes about 5 seconds for the song to appear (although playing seems to be immediate); grouping also takes a while to show, and sometimes the volume won’t respond and other times it seems to change in its own. 
I would say this sonos, but of course they don’t have a conduit for that, so I yell into the void. 

oh and turn off the damn pop-ups on the support section, you’re not making any friends. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 23 March 2023, 02:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried unplugging the affected speakers for a couple of minutes and rebooting your router and phone?

I have the same issue, and did exactly what you said above to fix it, but it didn’t solved it. Do you have other ideas?

Me too. Been an issue for a few months. Terrible lag,”Sonos system not found” and not connecting at all. Wi-Fi always gets blamed but EVERYTHING else on the Wi-Fi works fine.  Feels like it did just before the new version of the app came out. Is one due again?

Pretty good sign of a duplicate IP address issue. Similar to Wi-Fi interference, but just not exactly the same.

Short term fix: unplug all Sonos devices from power. Reboot your router. Wait three minutes for the router to reload its firmware. Plug back in your Sonos devices, and wait two minutes before testing. 

Longer term fix: look in your router’s manual, and set up reserved IP addresses in the router’s DHCP table.