Answered

Sleep Timer Not Turning off Music

• 3 June 2023
  • 6 replies

In the last two weeks the sleep timer is no longer working correctly.  It allows me to select an option but then does not count down linearly and once to zero it is not turning off the music.  Occurred consistently for several days.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 June 2023, 00:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Have you rebooted (power cycled) the speakers?

If so, you may want to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

FWIW I’ve just set a timer in the App for 15 minutes, whilst playing a Sonos Radio Station …and that appears to be counting down okay - I’ll report back if the music stops (or not) when it gets to zero.

Important to be aware that timers are stored/run at the speakers, and not on the controller app. 

@cal_holman
Just to say the timer worked for me here and the playing Sonos Radio station just stopped a few moments ago. So it’s likely a speaker (and perhaps a network) reboot should hopefully fix the matter.🤞

I performed a reboot (on the Port) and it worked during testing - then at night it failed.  I rebooted a second time and so far seems to be ok.  Thanks for the input.

I performed a reboot (on the Port) and it worked during testing - then at night it failed.  I rebooted a second time and so far seems to be ok.  Thanks for the input.

If using the speaker(s) on a wireless connection, maybe try a fixed non-overlapping channel (1, 6 or 11), that’s if not using such a channel already - also set the channel-width to 20Mhz only to help reduce any potential wireless interference.