Answered

SiriusXM

• 27 April 2023
  • 5 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Siriusxm is not listed as a service in the list that appears when adding services. So I cannot add it as a streaming service. App, sonos port all have latest firmware. As does iphone I am using to add the service. Tried 2 different phones and one ipad with the same result.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 27 April 2023, 19:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Have you checked your profile at www.Sonos.com to ensure it’s got the necessary city/country/post code data, which Sonos uses to filter what is presented to you? Have you checked at status.Sonos.com  to see if there are issues currently with SiriusXM? Have you tried to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

Yes to all the above. Defaulted units and reloaded into system and still no XM or pandora.

Hmmm, that’s odd, although I’m not sure where ‘indiatlantic’ is here in the US.

Since you say you contacted Sonos support, what did they say?.

I contacted support. I am on the east coast of FLA. They said it was a geolocation issue and would resolve itself in 24 hours. It did not, which is what prompted me to default the units.

If by ‘defaulted’, you mean reset to factory specs, and you’ve checked with Sonos support, and they’ve said your account is set up properly, the only thing I can think of is that something is blocking the ability of the speakers in reaching Sonos’s servers. That could be a VPN, a ‘work profile’, some sort of virus protection running on your router, port blocking, etc. 

I’m in SoCal, and have no issue in seeing the available services from my location. Unfortunately, though, I don’t have access to see your error files, which Sonos support does, when you submit a diagnostic. I’d encourage you to continue to work with them to see why your speakers are unable to reach out and get the necessary data to pass on to your controller.