Skip to main content

Sirius XM connection issues - constant drop outs

• 1 August 2023
  • 1 reply

I’ve been having an ongoing issues with Sirius XM dropping out on my Sonos system. I see from the forums that it has come up a number of times and the chosen answer always seems to be that it’s a problem with your WIFI. I disagree!

Today, I am unable to play a Sirius XM channel for more than a couple of minutes before it stops. Here are some of the log entries that suggest it’s not my Wifi:

Tuesday, August 1, 2023 - 8:23 AM Eastern Time
Unable to play '27 - Deep Tracks' - the song is not encoded correctly.

Tuesday, August 1, 2023 - 8:24 AM Eastern Time

Unable to play '27 - Deep Tracks' - the connection to SiriusXM was lost.

Tuesday, August 1, 2023 - 8:51 AM Eastern Time

Tuesday, August 1, 2023 - 8:51 AM Eastern Time

Tuesday, August 1, 2023 - 11:24 AM Eastern Time
Unable to play '27 - Deep Tracks' - it is encoded using an unsupported digital rights management system.

Tuesday, August 1, 2023 - 11:24 AM Eastern Time
Unable to play '27 - Deep Tracks' - it is encoded using an unsupported digital rights management system.

Tuesday, August 1, 2023 - 11:30 AM Eastern Time

Tuesday, August 1, 2023 - 11:36 AM Eastern Time

Tuesday, August 1, 2023 - 11:37 AM Eastern Time

Tuesday, August 1, 2023 - 11:37 AM Eastern Time

Tuesday, August 1, 2023 - 11:38 AM Eastern Time

Tuesday, August 1, 2023 - 11:38 AM Eastern Time

Tuesday, August 1, 2023 - 11:58 AM Eastern Time

Tuesday, August 1, 2023 - 11:58 AM Eastern Time

Sonos: do you have an answer for this?

1. This is a Sonos Community forum, Sonos Support themselves do not frequent this forum. Occasionally, forum moderators can help, but relying on that is chancy. 
  2. Did you bother to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it?
  3. While there’s a recognized issue with Apple right now, it doesn’t extend to Sirius XM, and in most cases like this, it does indeed have to do with wifi interference , inasmuch as the data sent over by SiriusXM seems to have a DRM tag, and due to the interference, Sonos is unable to get the ‘correct’ data. What makes you say that in your case, it is not any potential wifi interference, or even network issues caused by duplicate IP addresses?