Skip to main content
Answered

sirius reauthorization

• 14 November 2023
  • 10 replies

Sirius is linked through my Sonos app. I have a specific radio channel that is supposed to play as my alarm clock 5 days a week. At least 2 out of those 5 days, the alarm will be the default “Sonos chime” rather than the station because Sirius was logged out. I cannot search Sirius in the Sonos app although the Sirius option for music is still visible. Each time, I’ll have to go to Sonos setting and reauthorize Sirius. As soon as I do, I’m able to get back into Sirius through Sonos. Why do I have to keep reauthorizing?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Mstory918 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

There are a few reports of SiriusXM not working reliably, just as you describe:

At present, I can only recommend that you use a different source for your morning alarms, and to get in touch with our technical support team to report the issue.

We forum moderators are based in Europe, while Sirius is only available in the US - just yesterday, I requested of a European colleague of mine to get someone in the US to look into the situation, so hopefully progress is now being made.

I hope this helps.

Badge

Thanks for the quick response!

I have the exact same problem 

Badge

Super frustrating. Happened to me as recently as an hour ago with today’s alarm. First world problems I guess since it only takes about 60 seconds from the time I open the app to the time the radio is on, but you expect things to work when you purchase high-end speakers (I own about 25 throughout my homes). 

I am experiencing this issue  as well and it is a recent change in behavior.  Basically after a longer period of idle time, you need to re-authorize the Sirius Account.  Prior to that, you can’t browse or start music from the app or sonos device.  This doesn’t happen with other sources.  This is a bug and I hope it is resolved.

I have tried

• reauthorizing (works temporarily)
  • removing and adding Sirius (works temporarily because it is a re-authorize)

Badge

Yes. I’ve tried the same steps. Unfortunately for me, the “longer period of time” between reauthorizations is only 2-3 days. I’m having to do the authorization 5-8 times a months. Annoying. Hope this is the correct place to report issues like this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Mstory918 

Hope this is the correct place to report issues like this. 

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team to report the issue - it seems that something needs to be addressed on the servers.

I hope this helps.

I am experiencing this issue  as well and it is a recent change in behavior.  Basically after a longer period of idle time, you need to re-authorize the Sirius Account.  Prior to that, you can’t browse or start music from the app or sonos device.  This doesn’t happen with other sources.  This is a bug and I hope it is resolved.

I have tried

• reauthorizing (works temporarily)
  • removing and adding Sirius (works temporarily because it is a re-authorize)

I received an app update this morning and first try was successful.  I was able to browse SiriusXM first try.

Badge

That’s exciting news! I’ll give it a shot

Badge

I contacted support a few days ago and they said that they would look into it. The next day, there was an app update and it looks like the issue was resolved. Great work, Sonos!