Skip to main content
Question

sign in as system owner issue for two sonos accounts

following the upgrade. Myself as the primary system owner can use the app fine with no issues.

My partner who has her own sonos account and Spotify account has completed the upgrade but when logged in under her own user a display on the home page reads ; sign is as the system owner to see this content.

The preferred services are set to her Spotify account and whan spotify is clicked from the home page access is as it should be.

However sonos favourites is showing the system owners favourites.

So i signed in as the system user e myself] as advised by the sonos live chat agent, and made sure the settings for Spotify etc were set. The home page remains the same, with my recently played and my sonos favourites.

If we try to use that way if conflicts if we use at same time so I returned to the log in of my partner and started again.

Deleted app, reinstalled, cleared cache . no good. the live chat agent recognised the issue but did not seem to grasp how it worked previously before app upgrade and how the two separate accounts should function.

He gave up and referred me to phone line where i am patiently waiting on hold. I guess busy because i seem to have read this is becoming a common issue

Our problem is on iphones.

So if anyone has encountered this problem and found a fix you may save me some time from listening to badly chosen piped music.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Why exactly does Sonos need to know my location in order to setup speakers?

following the upgrade. Myself as the primary system owner can use the app fine with no issues.

My partner who has her own sonos account and Spotify account has completed the upgrade but when logged in under her own user a display on the home page reads ; sign is as the system owner to see this content.

The preferred services are set to her Spotify account and whan spotify is clicked from the home page access is as it should be.

However sonos favourites is showing the system owners favourites.

So i signed in as the system user [ myself] as advised by the sonos live chat agent, and made sure the settings for Spotify etc were set. The home page remains the same, with my recently played and my sonos favourites.

If we try to use that way if conflicts if we use at same time so I returned to the log in of my partner and started again.

Deleted app, reinstalled, cleared cache . no good. the live chat agent recognised the issue but did not seem to grasp how it worked previously before app upgrade and how the two separate accounts should function.

He gave up and referred me to phone line where i am patiently waiting on hold. I guess busy because i seem to have read this is becoming a common issue

Our problem is on iphones.

So if anyone has encountered this problem and found a fix you may save me some time from listening to badly chosen piped music.

No doubt have the same issue.   Sonos software and support has been lacking ever since they migrated from their original 1.0 platform 

Can’t do anything with Sonos app due to “Sign in as the System Owner” error. Website says no projected fix for this problem. My speakers have been rendered completely useless. 

It must be a fairly isolated issue - I’m able to sign out/in on the Sonos App, if that’s the issue you’re facing?

Can’t do anything with Sonos app due to “Sign in as the System Owner” error. Website says no projected fix for this problem. My speakers have been rendered completely useless. 

It must be a fairly isolated issue - I’m able to sign out/in on the Sonos App, if that’s the issue you’re facing?

Isolated … LOL.  Their entire software platform is very poorly designed