Skip to main content
Question

shuffle button gone in areas of apple music after update.

• 7 May 2024
  • 8 replies

After the new app update, the shuffle button is gone from de “songs” section in the Apple Music library. 

before the update I used to go to songs and press shuffle. No that option had disappeared. 

can this be re added in a future update?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Update:

another function missing is to add songs to the queue from the songs section in Apple Music. I can only replace the queue and not add songs 🤨

gang

Consider myself pretty good at figuring things out on most apps but have been trying for 20 minutes now how to shuffle my Songs & don’t see how it can be done, it’s been very simple for years with multiple previous versions of the Sonos app…

Was it that necessary to remove the Shuffle button?

I see it when I’m playing a song but don’t see how to queue anything else so there’s nothing to Shuffle from there!

I’m playing from my Library but can see it’s been removed from other places, too, by these other replies.

I thought I was losing my mind when I couldn't shuffle songs directly through the Sonos app. I hope the issue is rectified quickly.

Disgraceful. Has basically rendered the app useless. 😠

There was an update today; not fixed. 😡

Found a work around that at least lets me use my Sonos system: Install the app on your PC.

So I discovered another workaround by accident today!

1. Instal the Sonos desktop app on your PC.

2. Select songs in Apple Music and shuffle your library.

3. Pause playback on the PC app and open the Sonos app on your device. The song you paused will also be paused on your device.

4. Now that the device app has a "queue", it plays your tracks in the order that the PC app shuffled them. This allows you to stream lossless/atmos tracks.

Naturally, if you add/delete tracks from Apple Music you'll have to "re-shuffle" the library on your PC to update the queue. Same applies if you get tired of hearing your library played in the same order. Anyhow, it's a temporary solution until this bug is fixed in the mobile app.