Answered

Shared folder does not exist after changing router

• 13 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi all, help!

I’ve changed my router and now my music library isn’t recognised. I’ve deleted it from and am trying to re add it but it says ‘there is no shared folder’ on the laptop’?????  It’s all Series 1 Sonos products, I’ve attached to the new router via ethernet and it recognises my new network, but I just can’t add my music folder - what am I doing wrong?  I’m not techy at all, so if you can shed any light in laymans terms I’d really appreciate it.

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 14 March 2023, 14:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Kwik-E-Mart , welcome back! 🙂

There can be a lot of things that , with the new network , need to be re-configured in order to access your Music Library through Sonos.

First thing that come to mind is the new network and the network connection type on your laptop through, I’m assuming, Windows. You need to make sure to set the Network or Profile Type to PrivateHome, or Trusted.

You can find instructions on the following Microsoft Support Page.

Other links regarding your Music Library and Sonos that I believe can be useful:

Computer could not be found error when using a music library

Configure your firewall to work with Sonos

Please feel free to reply with any questions you may have and I hope you will be able to enjoy your music through Sonos once again!