Skip to main content

Set Sonos Port to fixed volume on new app....

• 23 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi I have added 2 more Sonos ports to an existing system that had another Sonos Port configured previously prior the new app redesign.

The original Port was set to a fixed volume output using the old app around 6 months ago as it is connected to an audio matrix and 8 zone amplifier for multiroom music.

Now having added 2 more Ports I cannot find the option to set the output to fixed anywhere in the new app settings but they need to be as the amplifier is handling volume control. How do you do this now?

Is this new app that badly designed it is actually missing key settings controls like this??? 

6 replies

Badge

Yep I have the same issue right now trying to set up 2 ports. I’ll be so angry if they have removed this feature 

I'm looking for the autoplay feature that was in the same place. It still works if it was already set up, but it can't be customized or added again. So sad.

Userlevel 1

It can’t be removed because the previous one in the system I have is still set to fixed, states it on the zone list even. Just no way to put these new ones into the same fixed volume state. Madness!!! How can Sonos have dropped the ball this badly?! I was giving the new app the benefit of the doubt before, but this is inexcusable.

Is there any answer from Sonos about those functionalities? 
Will those be supported in new app in some later time or are they gone for good?

Since they didn’t change the OS, just the UI, that suggests the option is still on the device, just not reachable. Which suggests to me at some point it will be added back to the new UI. 

Unfortunately, the only Sonos Folks who respond in this community forum are the Forum Moderators. They may, or may not be fully versed in every single plan’s details, and as such wouldn’t be able to confidently respond, not to mention they’re likely overwhelmed by the significant number of posts. 

Since they didn’t change the OS, just the UI, that suggests the option is still on the device, just not reachable. Which suggests to me at some point it will be added back to the new UI. 

Unfortunately, the only Sonos Folks who respond in this community forum are the Forum Moderators. They may, or may not be fully versed in every single plan’s details, and as such wouldn’t be able to confidently respond, not to mention they’re likely overwhelmed by the significant number of posts. 

Lame SONOS You broke like 100 of my clients audio systems!