Skip to main content

Just applied recent Sonos App update on up-to-date mac (Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68)), and right at the end the Mac popped up an error that the upgrade was blocked by apple Security and Privacy setting.

When I clicked on it, it just went away.  App seems to function, but leaves a mystery of what went wrong, and raises the spectre of potential future problems from a partial update….

Hi @blaize,

I’m not sure what the error would be, potentially it’s a new Security and Privacy setting on your Mac that caused the message to show.

I’d suggest checking your Sonos system to see if the update has actually gone through, our current software version is 15.1 which you can check in the Sonos Mac app by going to Sonos → About My Sonos System.

If your system is up to date and nothing is wrong, then it was likely something displayed by your Mac on accident. However if you aren’t up to date, and can’t updated because of that message, I’d suggest reaching out to our support team for further assistance on this, as they have the tools available to troubleshoot this issue for you.

I hope this information helps!

14.20 so it looks like the upgrade failed (vs partial).

support said uninstall and reinstall new version.  & that worked w/o asking for new permissions or anything.

(for future viewers)

Try this:

In MacOS, go to Privacy & Security > App Management and turn on for the Sonos Installer.