Skip to main content

Search by Song, Artist, etc

• 28 May 2024
  • 7 replies

The new app is so frustrating.

There used to be a search function where I could choose to search by Song title, Artist, Station, etc. I would get results from a variety from several different platforms. Now that all appears to be gone. 

How can I search for specific songs to add to my playlists? Oh, wait..the playlists have disappeared too.

7 replies

I’m a Pandora premium subscriber.  I am unable to search for an artist, song or album since the new app was installed.  I can search Amazon or Sonos, for an artist, but not Pandora.  Also, unable to find songs at all.  I’m not sure why the new app wasn’t better tested before a broad release.  Very frustrating!

I have the same issue. My guess is that Sonos launched this stinking app degradation in order to get more users on the voice control platform, and thereby get more data to train it on.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I’m having the same problem. I find the new app is probably great once you learn all the ways to use it. But it should be way easier. I heard a band on the radio and tried to search for them but all I’m getting are podcasts. I tried and tried and then I finally gave up. Or another basic thing is to mute a speaker or set of speakers. I used to be fairly proficient with the old system but the new app is giving me a headache. 

Try turning off the explicit filter in parental controls. Once I turned this off the search by song field was available. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Interesting. That never even crossed my mind. I’ll give it a try. Thanks!

Turning off the explicit filter under parental controls worked for me!  Thank you very much!!

Userlevel 1

Same issue except that I turned off the explicit filter under parental controls and its still not working.  I see stations, artists and podcasts in search results but no individual songs.  Extremely frustrating.  Is there a fix to the search function that would address this among all the other issues this awful app update has created?