Answered

SAMBA share can no longer be found

• 9 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

When I tried updating my Music Library today, I got a message that the location “is no longer available. The device where the music files are stored may not be powered on, or the path may have changed.” 

Neither of those is true. Other directory locations at the same subdirectory level can be accessed and read fine.

icon

Best answer by HoMeRz 10 November 2023, 03:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Where exactly are your files? If on a Synology, search here for earlier issues and fixes.

Badge

They are on a USB stick attached to a router running SMB 1 & 2.  I didn’t physically change anything, just today the mp3 files in that one directory (among 4) on the same USB stick.  I am also not aware that any software configs changed. I upgraded to S2 15.9 from 15.8 in case that would fix.  It did not.

They are on a USB stick attached to a router running SMB 1 & 2.  I didn’t physically change anything, just today the mp3 files in that one directory (among 4) on the same USB stick.  I am also not aware that any software configs changed. I upgraded to S2 15.9 from 15.8 in case that would fix.  It did not.

Maybe copy some of the music tracks into a new folder and set that as a new Sonos Share and just see if that works for you. If all the other shares are working, it might just be some errors on the drive. If the new share works, then copy the other remaining tracks over and perhaps delete the empty share.

If practicable, go onto check the USB drive for any further errors.

Badge

Interesting suggestion, Ken.  Are there possibly any corrupt config files that I could delete that might be causing issue.  Maybe upon resetting they would get recreated.

Badge

As suggested by ratty in this link,

I switched my Asus router setting from “SMBv1 + SMBv2” to “SMBv1”, and Sonos reindexed the Music Library fine!  ratty suggests in an earlier post, I may be able to switch back to SMBv2 afterwards.  I sorta don’t want to mess with it now that it’s working again, but will report back if I do.