Skip to main content
Answered

S2-- trying to connect sonos to synology share

• 20 February 2024
  • 1 reply

I’ve created a user “Sonos” with a share called “music” that has my old MP3 library. I’d like to get the Sonos working with it, because we lose internet annoying often (at which point streaming services go offline).

I’m trying to follow these instructions: https://support.sonos.com/en/article/use-a-nas-drive-with-sonos

Whenever I go to add the library, I get the “unable to add music share to your music library (900)” error. When I try to search for solutions, everything is about the old S1 app requiring SMB1-- but I’m on S2, so I don’t think that’s my issue. 

Help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Obioban 

Thanks for your post!

The first likely issue that comes to mind is that your Sonos system doesn’t “know” that it should be logging in with the “Sonos” user identity. I recommend that you add the catch-all of “Everyone” to the list of access rights on the folder’s permissions, giving it read access.

However, error 900 has some fairly specific and technical solutions - I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to remotely connect to your computer and assist directly.

I hope this helps.