Skip to main content
Answered

S2 controller cost money?

• 26 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Do I need to buy S2 controller for $19.99 to use Play:3?

Moderator Note - The official Sonos app can be found on our download page and is free to use. If you have downloaded an app that is asking for a monthly or one-off payment, we would recommend removing it and using the official app.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

No!

Sonos does not charge for their software. Anywhere that you’d pay for it is a scam site.

I just downloaded the Sonos S2 controller app on my Iphone and I have two options: $7.99 a month or $19.99 lifetime. There is a little x in the corner to close this screen. If you just close it, it will skip the payment. But the Sonos S2 controller app does try to get you to pay a fee.

Moderator Note - The official Sonos app can be found on our download page and is free to use. If you have downloaded an app that is asking for a monthly or one-off payment, we would recommend removing it and using the official app.

I just downloaded the Sonos S2 controller app on my Iphone and I have two options: $7.99 a month or $19.99 lifetime. There is a little x in the corner to close this screen. If you just close it, it will skip the payment. But the Sonos S2 controller app does try to get you to pay a fee.

Nonsense.  I don’t know what you downloaded, but it wasn’t the Sonos app.  So you are either mistaken, or just another one piling on and posting FUD.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Screenshot please? It would be nice to see who is scamming folks.