Answered

S2 App issue - Scrolls to top of playlist

• 22 October 2023
  • 16 replies

When I’m inside the Sonos App and browsing Apple Music playlists, sometimes randomly it begins to scroll towards the top at max speed. I can’t accurately reproduce it, but it happens alot. 

I’ve recorded a video of the issue: Video

It happens at 0:07 - 1:05 - 2:04

Anyone else experienced this?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 25 October 2023, 18:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

I’m not seeing the scrolling issue on my iPad S2 controller App - it just scrolls normally for me. Have you tried a different device? I spent a few minutes trying various Apple playlists and all appear to scroll okay, I have attached a short animation, but it’s just a small sample to demonstrate the testing done here.

I will keep a lookout for the issue and will report back if I do come across the problem.

Just as a quick-check, are you perhaps touching the top ‘title bar’ at the top of the screen in the App as that can return the user to the top of the page on-screen?

Just to briefly add, I have now tried scrolling some Apple playlists on an iPhone XR running iOS 17.0.3 and that seems to be scrolling the playlists okay too.

Are you using the latest S2 Sonos App - v15.9?

I’m using the v15.9 version. 

I can sit in a playlist, select a new song and it just start to scroll as shown in the video, without me ever really touching anything beside the new song. 

I also experienced after posting, that the current song ended and played the next, it started to scroll again. I didn’t even touch anything. 

Just did another test after reinstalling the app. Same issues: Video

Happens in the beginning and around 1:08

I’m using the v15.9 version. 

I can sit in a playlist, select a new song and it just start to scroll as shown in the video, without me ever really touching anything beside the new song. 

I also experienced after posting, that the current song ended and played the next, it started to scroll again. I didn’t even touch anything. 

I’m not seeing it still - if I select t a song the track plays and the playlist on screen stays put …do you have another controller device you can perhaps test?

Also if the current playing song ends and the next one starts the playlist still does not shift here. I’m suspecting it’s your mobile, perhaps🤔… so if you have another you can try, then give that a go and see what happens.

Also, maybe wait and see if any others chime in here - at the moment though, I’m not personally seeing the issue on my iPad or iPhone S2 controller Apps.

Have you tried powering the mobile off fully and back on again?

Apologies for the late reply. I have tried a full power off/on. Still issues.

Am I at the point of contacting support, or?

Apologies for the late reply. I have tried a full power off/on. Still issues.

Am I at the point of contacting support, or?

Yes, but they may want you to try another controller device if you have access to one, or can borrow one, perhaps🤔? I’ve unfortunately still not been able to reproduce the issue (sorry). I’m surprised others haven’t mentioned it either.

Anyhow here is the link to contact Sonos Support:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sounds to me like the status bar shortcut (tap status bar to jump to the top) which is pretty standard in iOS apps, is triggering when it should not. Maybe a faulty touchscreen?

Sounds to me like the status bar shortcut (tap status bar to jump to the top) which is pretty standard in iOS apps, is triggering when it should not. Maybe a faulty touchscreen?

Yes, I think it must be something like that too @controlav .. I did ask if the top title bar was being touched accidentally, but equally, as you say, it could be a fault on the iOS device too, perhaps🤔? -

I’ve not been able to reproduce the issue myself (so far) and I use iOS devices & Apple Music playlists fairly frequently, most days. Unless it’s just something peculiar about the model of the iOS device being used with the software, but it’s working fine on my iPhone XR and iPad Pro. If it was a wider issue I would have expected others to have also reported the issue here too.

Thank you for the reply - I might have forgotten to mention, that I use the Android App and a Samsung Galaxy S10e. Apologies for that.

Thank you for the reply - I might have forgotten to mention, that I use the Android App and a Samsung Galaxy S10e. Apologies for that.

Ah that’s my mistake then, I guess you can ignore my posts as I was using iOS - I do not have an android phone to help test things here (Sorry 🙏) but maybe others will perhaps go onto test this and chime in. 

I have the same issue and it drives me nuts. 100+ folders, and apparently I like bands starting with Q and later :)
Samsung Galaxy S22+, Sonos App 15.9 build 75146030

Same issue here.Android phone s21 and s23 ultra.

Have you contacted support yet, as suggested in the marked ‘answer’ above?

My wife and I both have this issue. Samsung s20 s23, and other Samsung. It happens most of the time.

It's been going on for quite awhile.

I'll create a support case tomorrow.