Skip to main content

With the app unloaded, now tapping the Sonos S2 app icon open Sonos to the last used speaker groups music queue instead of opening to the speaker group.

Previously tapping on the widget album cover or tapping on the S2 app icon would open S2 to the My Sonos or last used speaker group page.

All widget touch points appear to work correctly. 

To be crystal clear, this appears to be only an issue when tapping the Sonos S2 application icon from a home screen or from the app tray.  I'm not sure why opening directly to a speaker group queue would ever be desired, and if it were to be an option it would be one that we should be able to turn off.

Tested/confirmed on Android 13 on Pixel 4a and Samsung S22 Ultra.

Hi @DarkonIV 

Thanks for your post!

There is a related thread here:

It seems to only happen if the Now Playing section is fullscreen-ed when you exit the app.

I would encourage you to get in touch with our technical support team, but please don’t expect an immediate resolution. Thanks.

Hi @DarkonIV 

Just to let you know, we now consider this issue resolved with the latest update.

If, after updating, you continue to see this behaviour, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for assistance.

@Corry P 

Thank you for the reply.  Just in case anyone was chasing down any last detritus on this, I must report that the issue was not fully resolved until ALL my controllers were updated.  Thinking there may have been some rogue data still getting passed around. Glad that it is fixed.

Both Android phones updated, system updated, still had original problem.  Updated windows controllers couple days later and realized shortly afterwards that launching from home screen widget on phone was fully back to working as expected last Thursday or Friday.

Thank you too the testers and devs for fixing this annoyance.

Sincerely

DarkonIV