S2 (15.2) won't open days after updating/using

• 3 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I’ve got a Sonos Play 5 (2nd generation) and I use the S2 app on my MacBook Pro. I updated it recently to 15.2 with no issues. Several days later of using it, the app unexpectedly quit and won’t reopen. I’ve tried deleting the app and reinstalling it - no change. Safeboot and a test user account have no impact. I’ve even tried to install the S1 app but it too crashes upon launch.

I understand that 15.2 no longer supports El Capitan (I’m unable to upgrade the macos) but interestingly enough the S1 app has also been updated and it too no longer supports my computer.

Is there a link to go back to the previous S2 app version? I’d simply disable automatic updates and that could work.

4 replies

Badge

Update - pun intended - I was able to call Sonos, escalate the call and work with a senior advisor. They emailed me a link where I could download the previous S2 version and now things are back in order. I just can never update to the latest version.

Badge

One caveat - because of the pending update (which if I do, the app will no longer work) I can no longer access Preferences via the menu. It’s greyed out, meaning I can’t remove or add music services. Any suggestions?

Update - pun intended - I was able to call Sonos, escalate the call and work with a senior advisor. They emailed me a link where I could download the previous S2 version and now things are back in order. I just can never update to the latest version.

Can you share the phone number you called, or possibly the link they sent you?  I’m in the same boat. 

Badge

So that solution eventually stopped working and I’m now back to square one…

The number is listed here: https://support.sonos.com/en-ca/contact