Answered

RTE radio 1 is gone

Userlevel 1

RTE radio 1 seems to have disappeared from Tunein and though it appears as a choice in Sonos radio, won't play. This has just happened in the last few days. Anyone else with this?

icon

Best answer by castalla 15 June 2020, 21:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

20 replies

Is it possible that they’ve discontinued service with TuneIn, in favor of one of the other radio distributors? iHeart radio, radio.com, radio.net or one of the others? Have you contacted RTE to ask them? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Add this as a radio station url:

http://icecast2.rte.ie/radio1

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the help. Looks like there’s a problem with some French and Irish stations with copyright. FIP from France seems to have disappeared too. Have emailed RTE but no answer yet so not sure if it’s a termporary or permanent deletion.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

What’s wrong with the url I posted?  Works for me.

Same with RTE 2fm 😭 - appears as choice but won’t play. 

Also have this problem. All RTE incl Lyric gone 😢.  

@Roch61 i have contacted Sonos, they’re calling back Monday. Will let the group know what they say 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the link but I don’t know how to add a url into Sonos?

Userlevel 1

@Roch61 i have contacted Sonos, they’re calling back Monday. Will let the group know what they say 

Great Aisling. Hope you hear back.

@Roch61  they were supposed to call this morning at 10am, but didn’t.   I’ve googled the issue & it seems to be a copyright issue (which doesn’t really help).  Will re-visit here if I hear anything further.  What a pity... 

Userlevel 1

@Roch61  they were supposed to call this morning at 10am, but didn’t.   I’ve googled the issue & it seems to be a copyright issue (which doesn’t really help).  Will re-visit here if I hear anything further.  What a pity... 

Thanks for trying! My next thought is a new Sonos speaker with bluetooth so I can stream directly from the RTE app. Desperate times...

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Easy!

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/260?language=en_US#:~:text=Using the Sonos App for Mac or PC%3A,added station will be listed.

Userlevel 1

Easy!

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/260?language=en_US#:~:text=Using the Sonos App for Mac or PC%3A,added station will be listed.

castalla - you’re a life saver! Playing beautifully. Thanks for all the help.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for trying! My next thought is a new Sonos speaker with bluetooth so I can stream directly from the RTE app. Desperate times...

See castella’s thread - all working now. Hope you can get it sorted too.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Easy!

castalla - you’re a life saver! Playing beautifully. Thanks for all the help.

No problem - enjoy!

oOOh going to try this now

@castalla @Roch61   Great stuff!   Thanks so much - delighted it’s sorted!!!

Hello All, I too was so disappointed to no longer be able to listen to RTÉ via Sonos. 

I emailed RTE who promptly replied to say it is indeed an agreement issue with TuneIn, however Alexa and google services still work. 
still not sure I want smart speakers with microphones everywhere though. 

Here is their email:

“Unfortunately, RTE radio stations are no longer listed by TuneIn in their UK listings due to a change by TuneIn in their radio station listing practices in the UK.“

RTÉ stations continue to be available on the internet in the UK via:
• RTE.ie
• RTÉ Radio Player App
• RTÉ Skills on Amazon Alexa
o “Alexa, Open RTE Radio 1”
o “Alexa, ask RTE Radio 1 to Play”
o “Alexa, launch RTE Radio 1”
• Irish Radioplayer aggregator app

Userlevel 1
Badge

Another approach - although RTE has disappeared from TuneIn, other radio directories are supported by Sonos and can be added under Settings-Services-Add music service.  One of these is myTuner Radio, which still lists a working link to RTE stations.  Once it’s added, myTuner results will show up on a search, and can be added to MySonos.

Hi,

This is slightly different but related to RTE.

I just invested in Sonos but have encountered and issue with playing back previously recorded shows. Previously I played from the RTE Radio Player App and connected to a bluetooth speaker.

I had thought I would be able to cast to Sonos from my android phone as it is basically an internet stream but I cant do this. No problem on Iphone with Airplay.

Has anbody encountered this? Am I missing something?