Answered

Removing Sonos from Spotify

• 15 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, after adding the Ark to the app (and to my account), somehow it’s added to my Spotify account and I didn’t give it permissions and I also can’t remove it from there even after revoking the permission inside Spotify. Just to be clear, I didn’t add my Spotify account to the Sonos app.

1. why is it added automatically without asking me?
  2. how can I get rid of the Sonos in my Spotify account?
icon

Best answer by Corry P 18 December 2023, 11:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Tomer106 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I believe the Spotify app is just using local device discovery to find your Sonos system (and any other compatible devices) on your local network. I’m not familiar with the app myself, so I don’t know if there’s a way to disable this functionality or not - I recommend you contact Spotify customer support for more help.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for your help, I find it true as after deleting Spotify app the Sonos “removed” from my account as an option.

Yes, or another option that some users may use, is to login to their Spotify account online and remove the Sonos App in the App Management Settings. See screenshot attached.

Yes, or another option that some users may use, is to login to their Spotify account online and remove the Sonos App in the App Management Settings. See screenshot attached.

I can see Sonos in the app management, but it’s there because the Android app added Sonos so even after revoking the permission in the app management, I will still see Sonos as an option in Spotify because the app on my android reflecting Sonos again in the LAN.

I can see Sonos in the app management, but it’s there because the Android app added Sonos so even after revoking the permission in the app management, I will still see Sonos as an option in Spotify because the app on my android reflecting Sonos again in the LAN.

It’s the same with any Airplay/Bluetooth-paired device present on the LAN too. I think the only way is to power off the device to hide it.