Skip to main content

recieved email today 25% discount on Sonos speakers

Received an email today offering a 25% discount on Sonos products I purchased two Sonos speakers from Costco three weeks ago. Spent numerous hours trying to get them to work with a dysfunctional app and a poorly supported Sonos customer support team.  If I was offered a 50% discount,  I will not be buying another Sonos speaker.  

Was able to return the  speakers purchased from Costco. Thank you Costco for your return policy 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

The cracks starting to appear if they're knocking 25% off? 

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Why would anyone pay 75% for very expensive paper weights? They got a long way to go after ruining their brand.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I had a 25% offer too, last week. I don’t need any more, but I would definitely have taken up the offer if I had wanted to add to my set-up. The app will be fixed in a few weeks, and there will rarely be a 25% offer again, even on Black Friday. 

So it’s incredibly short-sighted to look a gift horse in the mouth right now, just because people are peeved with the poor roll-out of the new app. And if things don’t get fixed for whatever reason, the speakers can be sent back to them - it’s far easier to return them to Sonos as they would know immediately of any issues you’d faced setting them up.

Seriously, what is there to lose if you previously felt you needed another speaker or bundle for a set-up?

Userlevel 1

Largely due to multiple failures on Sonos part

1. lack of testing prior to releasing an app
  2. poor customer support when there is clearly a problem
  3. customer support repeatedly told me it was my router. (Was not my router it’s the app.)
  4. no follow up from customer support when customer support indicated they would follow up
  5. No  co. acknowledgment - aka honesty- “ there was a glitch with the app and we are sorry and trying to make it right” would have been the responsible thing to do 4 those reaching out.                          ————as an exec in corp USA, you admit a mistake and you reach out to those impacted to make it right. Sonos has done none of that. sorry I have lost my  faith in them and my  time in trying to work with their flawed systems and support. 
Userlevel 6
Badge +3

What is there to lose? I’ll tell you what you can loose 100% of anything you spend with this company. Sonos has now told you in no uncertain terms, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. Sonos could have mitigated this disaster at any point, rollback to the last App, or make the last App available to its customer base. Patrick Spence has been very clear when speaking to the media “customers get used to it!” Of course he has not actually spoken to his customers, you know the ones that buy his products. 

For me Sonos is over. I bought an Amp, a streamer from Cambridge Audio and wired speakers from B & W. the streamer is Roon compatible so I can go that way, OR at anytime I can change and plug my external SSD into the streamer. I ahve a couple of Apple homepods which work fine with Roon in other rooms. Voila, NO MORE SONOS, NO MORE PATRICK SPENCE!!!!

100% control resides in the owner, nobody else. PATRICK SPENCE RUINED THE GOOSE THAT LAID THE GOLDEN EGG!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Largely due to multiple failures on Sonos part

1. lack of testing prior to releasing an app
  2. poor customer support when there is clearly a problem
  3. customer support repeatedly told me it was my router. (Was not my router it’s the app.)
  4. no follow up from customer support when customer support indicated they would follow up
  5. No  co. acknowledgment - aka honesty- “ there was a glitch with the app and we are sorry and trying to make it right” would have been the responsible thing to do 4 those reaching out.                          ————as an exec in corp USA, you admit a mistake and you reach out to those impacted to make it right. Sonos has done none of that. sorry I have lost my  faith in them and my  time in trying to work with their flawed systems and support. 

A corporate entity with any sense would never be permitted to admit to a mistake and apologise as it presents itself as culpability for an issue, which would in turn provide an opening for legal recourse. 

Looking at the list of moans in this post, and the myriad others across the threads since 7th May, I feel sad and concerned that the short-termist, knee-jerk, irrational, and entitled reactions to this app update are revealing something much bigger and uglier about a global society that is fundamentally broken. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What is there to lose? I’ll tell you what you can loose 100% of anything you spend with this company. Sonos has now told you in no uncertain terms, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. Sonos could have mitigated this disaster at any point, rollback to the last App, or make the last App available to its customer base. Patrick Spence has been very clear when speaking to the media “customers get used to it!” Of course he has not actually spoken to his customers, you know the ones that buy his products. 

For me Sonos is over. I bought an Amp, a streamer from Cambridge Audio and wired speakers from B & W. the streamer is Roon compatible so I can go that way, OR at anytime I can change and plug my external SSD into the streamer. I ahve a couple of Apple homepods which work fine with Roon in other rooms. Voila, NO MORE SONOS, NO MORE PATRICK SPENCE!!!!

100% control resides in the owner, nobody else. PATRICK SPENCE RUINED THE GOOSE THAT LAID THE GOLDEN EGG!

As if my point needed proving further.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Agreed 100% Consumers expecting to get what they paid for certainly would lead one to conclude that our global society is broken! What is the matter with you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Not really. They had the same sale last year.

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/2023/06/02/sonos-fathers-day-sale-save-220/

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Agreed 100% Consumers expecting to get what they paid for certainly would lead one to conclude that our global society is broken! What is the matter with you!

It’s impossible to reason with the angry.

I’m not saying Sonos has not shattered expectations and its reputation - it’s the depressing way that people express their anger and frustration with the most ridiculous and ill-thought through responses, threats, exaggerations, and disproportionate views. 

Sonos released an app that has impacted many people’s ability to access and listen to their music. That is all that has happened. And they are working on fixes. It might feel like the end of the world for some people without a sense of perspective, but in a few weeks when it’s all working again, these posts will be the most incredible digital record of insane over-reaction.

Not really. They had the same sale last year.

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/2023/06/02/sonos-fathers-day-sale-save-220/

Well, no matter, a fool and his money are easily parted. 

This forum had a post comparing the Sonos developers being told to release the app unfinished to Nazi guards just following orders in the genocide of millions.  If that doesn't shine a light on @Rhonny's post, then I don't know what will.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I had a 25% offer too, last week. I don’t need any more, but I would definitely have taken up the offer if I had wanted to add to my set-up. The app will be fixed in a few weeks, and there will rarely be a 25% offer again, even on Black Friday. 

So it’s incredibly short-sighted to look a gift horse in the mouth right now, just because people are peeved with the poor roll-out of the new app. And if things don’t get fixed for whatever reason, the speakers can be sent back to them - it’s far easier to return them to Sonos as they would know immediately of any issues you’d faced setting them up.

Seriously, what is there to lose if you previously felt you needed another speaker or bundle for a set-up?

Simple: the confidence of consumers in Sonos is far below zero - so why should people continue giving their money to a company they no longer trust? Clearly there are signs that Sonos might well be aiming at getting rid at one point of functions such as playing music from a local music library, making older speakers & components unusable etc. So it is not that strange that people thibk twice now before they purchase compmenets that may be useless in a few years

Simple: the confidence of consumers in Sonos is far below zero - so why should people continue giving their money to a company they no longer trust? Clearly there are signs that Sonos might well be aiming at getting rid at one point of functions such as playing music from a local music library, making older speakers & components unusable etc. So it is not that strange that people thibk twice now before they purchase compmenets that may be useless in a few years

If Sonos is getting rid of playing from local libraries, why would they still be supporting local libraries?  Why do the SMB v1 thing if they are getting rid of all support?  Why fix the search?  Why fix the queue?  So just stop it.  Sure local libraries aren’t the priority anymore, nor should they be, they are probably under 5% of Sonos usage nowadays.  So it stands to reason if Sonos is making the mistake of pushing out a half-baked app in order to meet some promise to investors, then the “half” that is not “baked” would probably include the stuff they don’t see as a priority. 

That’s far cry from the silly “ZOMG!!!!! They are eliminating local libraries altogether!!!!” FUD being tossed out to enflame the masses to go pick up the pitchforks and torches.  

I grabbed a Move 2 from Best Buy today….running the latest app version on my iPad. Had no issue adding to my system and updating the device. My music library is still intact and has behaved since the initial problems I had after the changes made earlier this month. Don’t have full functionality of the queue back but I’m able select songs, shuffle etc..

Frustrated with the change but patience is key….

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

If Sonos is getting rid of playing from local libraries, why would they still be supporting local libraries?  Why do the SMB v1 thing if they are getting rid of all support?  Why fix the search?  Why fix the queue?  So just stop it.  Sure local libraries aren’t the priority anymore, nor should they be, they are probably under 5% of Sonos usage nowadays.  So it stands to reason if Sonos is making the mistake of pushing out a half-baked app in order to meet some promise to investors, then the “half” that is not “baked” would probably include the stuff they don’t see as a priority. 

That’s far cry from the silly “ZOMG!!!!! They are eliminating local libraries altogether!!!!” FUD being tossed out to enflame the masses to go pick up the pitchforks and torches.  

Oh yes, we can see how much Sonos support local libraries, clearly.