Question

Recently played list

• 27 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Our recently played list started to become unavailable on and off a couple weeks back, now it’s gone. We tried chatting with sonos support 🤪 which is missing in action, no reply from heir twitter team, 25 minutes wait to chat , i’m not even trying to call……...I know covid-19 is impacting everyone but it seems to be worst at sonos…..If anyone has an idea how to fix this we will appreciate it.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @arjulaad.

Thanks for reaching out and for your detailed post, let me help and try to figure this out.

If I understand it correctly, this is the recently played within the Sonos app under “My Sonos”?

Are you getting any error messages?

This condition can come as a result of an update issue.

The Sonos app will always attempt to update itself before the rest of the Sonos system.

If the app is failing to complete an update, the Sonos products will not attempt to update.

These steps will help us address any potential controller update failures:

• Uninstall the app from the controller and reinstall it from the device's app store or the Sonos website.
  • Check for updates from the controller, and if you have multiple controllers, check for updates from a different controller also.
  • You may also try to reboot by unplugging the power from all Sonos products and plugging them back in one at a time.

Hopefully, that helps but if not, please submit a diagnostic report when it happens, I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

The Sonos app also flashes on our IOS devices whenever we access it, so far no help from Sonos....

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @arjulaad.

Thanks for your response and update.

Kindly refer to this link from another thread and see how your system will respond to the suggested fixes by users who encounter the same issue:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/recently-played-has-stopped-showing-6850008

If the issue persists, it would be best to reach out to Sonos Support so we can take a closer look at this in real-time to expedite the process.

I suggest our phone team for they have more resources available on their system for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the computer/controller to see what's going on.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know, we’re always here to help.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello and thank you for following up, i did reach out to sonos support , their suggestion was to put the boost on the same channel our router is…..May i ask what happened to your twitter team, that was by far the most effecient way for us to get support? Anyway i did play with the settings suggested in the link with no effect. If so many people are experiencing this perhaps sonos could be a little more pro-active.

Stay well.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello,

I’m not sure what you mean by uninstalling the app from the controller? I use an ipad pro and an iphone xr both with the latest ios. Diagnostic: 1208779052

Thanks