Skip to main content

Hi, I’ve noticed within Sonos random tracks are greyed out & won’t play...yet they show & play perfectly fine in Apple Music. After very lengthy conversations with Sonos & Apple I’m no further forward it getting the issue resolved. I have reset router & bridge , deleted Apple Music & re-added , deleted a few greyed tracks from Apple Music & re-added (& still shows greyed in Sonos)…..it’s the same on all my apple devices….I’m now feel out of options. Very frustrated! 
Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve ? 

Hi @Jacksonxstephen, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about the issue on your Apple Music to Sonos. I’ll be asking some questions to further check on this issue. 

• When did the issue start happening?
  • Are there any changes made in the Apple Music App or on the Sonos App?
  • Have you tried to remove and readd the Apple Music service on the Sonos App and check if that will work?
  • Have you checked on another controller device where you have the Sonos App if the same issue persists?
  • Are there any error message that shows up or is it just greyed out for some of the songs?

Answers to those questions will help us check what could be causing this issue. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hi, I’ve noticed within Sonos random tracks are greyed out & won’t play...yet they show & play perfectly fine in Apple Music. After very lengthy conversations with Sonos & Apple I’m no further forward it getting the issue resolved. I have reset router & bridge , deleted Apple Music & re-added , deleted a few greyed tracks from Apple Music & re-added (& still shows greyed in Sonos)…..it’s the same on all my apple devices….I’m now feel out of options. Very frustrated! 
Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve ? 

Maybe check your parental controls in the Sonos App under "Settings/System/Parental Controls" and if relevant switch off filtering and see if that perhaps resolves the issue.

hi,

Thanks for your reply’s having already done the above suggestions…..im still in the same place :(

However what I have noticed im able to access the “greyed out” tracks in my library but not in their chosen PLAYLISTS…..which is still equally frustrating.

Apple have said that as im able to access not problem in Apple Music , its clearly a SONO’s issue !!!

See two tracks as an example in a playlist below which im unable to play in playlist , BUT can I if I search the album , then play !

Any help welcome !

Regards

S

Apple have said that as im able to access not problem in Apple Music , its clearly a SONO’s issue !!!

Regards

S

I’m surprised Apple have said to you that they were unable to help here, as it is they who are responsible for the plug-in service to Sonos using the Sonos API and after all it is their data source?

Anyhow, as you are able to play the tracks, presumably from other albums, have you tried removing an unavailable track from the playlist and adding it again from a different Apple source/album where it is working and available to you.

I’m thinking the track in the playlist from a particular album has perhaps become unavailable for streaming on 3rd party devices (or has become unavailable in some Countries) for some inexplicable reason🤔? At least if it works from another Apple source/album  you can then go back to Apple and explain the track will work in some instances.

@Jacksonxstephen, That’s a longstanding program error, don’t know if Apple is unable or unwilling to resolve this.

Interesting as this just started happening to me yesterday.  I know these songs that are greyed out now played last week.  Has this been proven to be an Apple issue?

Interesting as this just started happening to me yesterday.  I know these songs that are greyed out now played last week.  Has this been proven to be an Apple issue?

Yep me too. It’s screwed. Now when I go into almost ANY playlist, it just shows an error screen saying “We’ve ran into a problem. Try Again.”.

104 / 5000

I have the same problem. I have tried the solutions you have already mentioned and continue with the problems. Attached capture of the same playlist in Apple Music and in the Sonos app.

Yep me too. It’s screwed. Now when I go into almost ANY playlist, it just shows an error screen saying “We’ve ran into a problem. Try Again.”.

At times I too get an error “We’ve ran into a problem. Try Again.”

I am seeing this on S2 as well on S1 systems.

Hi All.

If you’re getting the “We’ve ran into a problem” message, there could be a few causes. Please try removing Apple Music from your Sonos system and adding it back on again. If still having issues, please also try a reboot of your network (switch your router off for 30 seconds) and then the speakers.

Greyed-out tracks typically show when the service cannot find the track at the location quoted in the playlist. If you cannot remove a greyed-out track and replace it with a version of the same track that works, then it’s likely that the music service have removed the track. As always, it’s the music service who provide the list of tracks you see in your Sonos app once you select the service. Sonos have no influence on what tracks are available.