Answered

Rage Against the Machine album by Rage Against the Machine - Will Not Play On Any Sonos - Bug

Specifically on the Youtube Music Service.

The errors on Sonos app appear as a playback error then skips the song.

“Playback paused because your account is being used in another location.”

(You can see this for yourself, just try and play the album through your sonos.)

Link to Album Playlist - Youtube

This is sure to a viewer discretion pop up which cannot be disabled.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 7 December 2022, 10:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @YoutubeSucks 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I was able to confirm this on my own system. Thanks for reporting it! I’ll get someone to look into it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @YoutubeSucks 

Could you please recreate the issue and then submit a support diagnostic, replying here with the number given? Please let me know which room you were testing in too. Thanks.

Note that our spam filter may mistake your diagnostic number for a phone number and remove your post. If this happens, please ignore - we’ll undo the false positive the next working day.

Diagnostic number here. Thanks for jumping on this.

Again note: YouTube doesn't allow a way to turn the discretion prompts off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @YoutubeSucks 

Thanks - I’ve passed that along to a colleague.

I only see a viewer discretion prompt when playing in the YouTube Music app (which does play) - not in the Sonos app. Also, the screenshot above is not our app. How are you initiating playback on Sonos?

Playback Via the sonos app on my phone or PC.

The screenshot was to show what was causing the playback issue.

I haven't tried to cast from YouTube to sonos, might be worth investigating. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @YoutubeSucks 

Ah OK - I thought so (by looking at the diagnostics) but your report of the warning and the screenshot confused me a little. Thanks for clearing it up!

If you happen to ever find any other albums/tracks that behave in the same way, please let me know, Thanks.

Edit: You won’t be able to cast from the YTM app - that’s why I was asking.

I'm still getting this error for their first album. Has anyone found a fix or workaround? It plays fine on the YT app but not through the Sonos app.

Userlevel 1

Same problem here - thanks for reporting it! Sorry, no workaround. The trick of long-pressing at the album level throws the same error. 

Confirmed it's back.

Could you please look into it again team?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Snares & @Gregger 

I’d encourage you both to recreate the issue, submit a support diagnostic and post the given number here, along with the name of the room you attempted to play in. Thank you!

Hi ​​​@YoutubeSucks 

Were you able to play this album at any point since your original post?

Userlevel 1

557919714 - Kitchen 

Thank you! 

1477017620 - Living Room

Hope you can fix it.

Hi @Snares & @Gregger 

I’d encourage you both to recreate the issue, submit a support diagnostic and post the given number here, along with the name of the room you attempted to play in. Thank you!

Hi ​​​@YoutubeSucks 

Were you able to play this album at any point since your original post?

Yeah it was fixed when I last raised the issue.

You can replicate the issue the same way.

Play Rage Against The Machine - Bombtrack