Radio Region

• 25 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I am new to Sonos I have used Tune In Pro on my phone for years, great app. However, I cannot seem to get regional variations on radio stations on the Sonos.

I live in Cornwall, Greatest Hits radio on Sonos is for Teeside, no good for local traffic etc. Can I change it??

Snige

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

This is due to legal action being taken out against Tune in.  The details, and how you can access stations direct is in the linked post;-

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/tune-in-blocking-foreign-radio-stations-in-the-uk-master-thread-6848128

Hi,

Thanks for that, wasn't aware of this being such an issue.

The stations I am referring to are UK stations so it's just local regions that I am having issues with. This happens on Sonos radio as well as Tune in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I have Truro as my location, and get Manchester as the Greatest Hits source, as well as some Glasgow, London and Essex stations in my “local” options. But I do see Heart Cornwall, Pirate, West Cornwall Coast FM and a few others as local stations. 

There are more choices of local station options using MyTuner Radio rather than TuneIn. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Check your location in settings on Sonos is set as UK.