Skip to main content

I have an alarm set to a radio station (via Audacy) most mornings (M-F) that has been working for a very long time (many months).  For the past few weeks, the radio starts playing but after 2-3 minutes it suddenly switches to the Sonos Chime.  Consistently, every day at the same time (a couple of minutes after the radio starts).  I’ve tried changing several settings, but it does this every day.  I can turn it off and turn on the radio, but this is very annoying.

Note:  This is on a Play:1, though I also have another Play:1 and a Play:5

Has any of the software changed because it’s only started doing this recently.  Any ideas on how to fix?

Hi @Rick Freedman 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

This will be happening because the speaker i losing it’s connection to the Audacy source and because it doesn’t want to fail to sound the alarm, plays an internally stored sound instead.

The next time it happens, I recommend you submit a support diagnostic within about 15 minutes of it happening. Then, at your convenience, please get in touch with our technical support team who will examine the diagnostics for the cause of the lost connection.

There are a few things you can try doing to stop the chimes. Please test playing Audacy on that speaker without it being an alarm - is it any more reliable? If not, please try playing other sources. If they are just as unreliable, the cause could be wireless interference. I recommend a read of our Reducing wireless interference page for guidance. If you keep your phone next to your speaker at night, that might be something worth changing.

I also recommend a reboot of your router if you haven’t done it in a while. Turn it off for at least 30 seconds while no-on is using the internet. I recommend you repeat this several times a year regardless of whether you experience any issues or not.

I hope this helps.