Skip to main content

Quick Access

• 11 May 2024
  • 5 replies

How do I access the Sonos app without having to go into it i.e., via my notification bar? Ever since the update I've not been able to see it and I now have to always go into it.

I'm using a Samsung S9 android phone by the way.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

TBH I think most Android users have uninstalled the new app and reverted back to the previous version, turning off auto-updates, so that we can continue to use our Sonos products. 😉

If you need instructions on ow to do this there are a few posts within the community.

Ooh thank you, what are the headings of those posts and I'm assuming just typing those headings into the search bar will take me straight there?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Try this one….the forum is rather ‘active’ at the moment, which makes them hard to find 😆

Thank you soooooooo much @r0seb I've managed to reinstall the previous version and turned off automatic updates 🙌😎😁...... Now, while we're at it. My Moviebox app isn't working today all of sudden, don't suppose you have a recommendation for another app where I can watch TV shows, movies etc? I go away soon and was looking forward to Moviebox accompanying my travels 😭😭 it might be fixed by then, but just in case.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Glad it worked for you…..I feel for the iPhone users who don’t have such a route. (Let’s hope Sonos don’t block the app and force an upgrade...BBC News did that recently when their app upgrade didn’t work. At least with that I had no big investments and just uninstalled the app and switched to another one!

Afraid I don’t use Moviebox (or similar) - guess it depends where in the world you are - I have most of the UK TV streaming apps on my phone for the odd time I might want to watch something.

Enjoy your hols 😎!