Qobuz cutting out and dropping stereo

• 5 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Same issue as this one posted a year ago:

My Sonos system is a Sonos Arc with a Sub Gen 3 in the living room, 2x Play:5 in stereo pair in the dinning room and 2x Play:1 in stereo pair in the bedroom.

I am using Sonos S2.

Like mentioned in the linked thread, during playback on stero pairs, sound will stop on the left speaker, then comeback, and sometimes continue to cut out on one or both speakers. Sometimes songs will simply stop for a second.

Problem seems to happen with multi rooms or with stereo pairs.

Never had any problem with other music services.

Yes, I tried unplugging my system / re-authorizing account. Still, I don't have this problem if I'm using a different music service

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Sounds more like wifi interference than anything else.  Stereo pairs and grouped rooms use more bandwidth on Wi-Fi than just a single speaker. It does seem odd that it’s on only one service, though. It’s possible that Qobuz uses more bandwidth for their signal, as well.

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Badge

I dunno.

Doesn't do it with Sonos Radio HD, Tidal, Deezer HiFi, Amazon, etc.

Never experienced this in 8 years of using Sonos products.

I re-re-authorized my Qobuz account around 2 hours ago and I haven't experienced the issue again.

Will do some more listening and send a system diagnostic if it does occur again.

Badge

Update:

Hasn’t happened again since the last reauthorization.