Skip to main content
Answered

product update

• 27 June 2024
  • 5 replies

(running Android IOS) since updating my old sonos system (June 25/2024)to the new version on the app, its constantly asking for a software update. I click on it and the app states that its all “ up to date” then reverts back to the screen asking for a software update. I can not get into the app its a constant cycle that wont go away! 

i have deleted the app , forced it to stop then restarted the app, I have tried up plugging everything even the router to no avail. this is very frustrating, I even forced closed the update from the app store and its still the same! no one at Sonos help has any answers I figured I would put it out here.  

I was so happy using my S1 app it worked fine before i was forced to update it all….now this BS, I am ready to start looking at other stereo products 

does anyone have an answer to this or had similar issues?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

do you have a Mac or a PC that you can use to perform the update?

My guess is that the mobile app is not completing the firmware update.

If your speakers are up to date they should show as having Version: 16.2 (build 79154060) installed.

If your speakers are up to date they should show as having Version: 16.2 (build 79154060) installed.

I do have a laptop I can try that later, I did try it from another android phone from a different user and it was the same outcome. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I do have a laptop I can try that later, I did try it from another android phone from a different user and it was the same outcome. 

I have not successfully initiated a firmware update using my mobile since the updated the app on 7th May.

I have not successfully initiated a firmware update using my mobile since the updated the app on 7th May.

UPDATE from the laptop worked, now if the app wasn’t so laggy it would actually be great to use. 

thanks for the info 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

UPDATE from the laptop worked, now if the app wasn’t so laggy it would actually be great to use. 

thanks for the info 

Glad it helped.