Skip to main content

Setup: 1 Beam connected to TV via HDMI, and 4-ONE-SL’s.

Issue: I have an alarm setup to start at 10:00 AM for 11 hours, and my timezone is set properly to Central US. The alarm (music) never starts.

I also tried to create a group, but you cannot select a speaker group to be used in the alarm.

Screenshot of Alarm Settings

Screenshot of Date & Time settings

Screenshot of System Information

Although I’m not certain, I’d try a few troubleshooting steps. If they don’t ’fix it’, they won’t hurt it, either.

First, if you have a ‘shortcut/favorite’ set up for that station, I’d delete it completely, reboot your controller, and then set it up again, doing the necessary search to find the station. 

Then I’d delete the alarm completely, again waiting a minute afterwards, before setting it up again, using your ‘new’ shortcut.

Finally, I’d reboot your router, and then reboot all your speakers. 

Kudos for including all those screenshots, they’re helpful. I’m assuming they’re from an iPhone controller? 

Finally, if this doesn’t help, I’d call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

I tried removing the Group that I had created, and then selected one of the ONE SL speakers instead of the BEAM. Turns out the BEAM was actually playing, but at a low volume, so I couldn’t tell. Seems to be working now. Thanks for the suggestions!

Glad it’s working. To be honest, volume wasn’t even one of the things I was considering, but hey ;)