Potential Class Action

• 30 March 2024
  • 4 replies

When the speakers connect, they’re great. But when they don’t, I spend too much time, much unsuccessful, trying to connect them. And it is a common issue. Getting help requires payment even though it is Sonos’s fault. Sonos seems to invest everything into speaker performance and no in the connection software. With all these problems, is there a class action?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

When the speakers connect, they’re great. But when they don’t, I spend too much time, much unsuccessful, trying to connect them. And it is a common issue. Getting help requires payment even though it is Sonos’s fault. Sonos seems to invest everything into speaker performance and no in the connection software. With all these problems, is there a class action?

Not that I’ve heard about. 

Who charges, and how much, to provide help fixing problems? Are the problems down to Sonos hardware/software - in which case how do these folk fix the problem? If, on the other hand, the issues are down to some users’ network setup - which they can fix - why is this Sonos’s fault? 

Class action suits threatened?   Hundreds.  Actually filed?  One.  And the "class" consisted of one owner, who lost the suit.  Seems a lot of the threats don't pass muster once an actual lawyer gets involved.

Also, if someone tries to charge you for Sonos support, you are getting scammed.  Be sure to only call official support lines listed on this site.  Don't Google Sonos support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you are dumb enough to pay for fake Sonos support I guess you are dumb enough to think of a class action lawsuit.

Plus of course the actual problem is going to be the OP’s local network, maybe a class action lawsuit against crappy router manufacturers would be a better idea ;-)

You can always call Sonos Support directly, without any ‘charge’ for support.