Skip to main content

Can I add a Sonos Port to mutiple Sonos Rooms? I’d like to use 2 or 3 as audio sources for my russound audio controller. I’d like to integrate this with my home automation software to identify with outputs to enable in the russound. I currently do this with google Chromecast audios but they’ve become flakey. 

Essentially what id like to do as an example is Port 1 in Living Room and Gym Room. When I play to Gym, the Port 1 will play the audio, my home automation system can see that Gym Room is playing and turn on the output zone for Gym on my russound controller. Port 2 would be Bedroom 1 and Outside rooms and so I can have mutiple streams playing simultaneously. 

Just for the avoidance of doubt, you cannot add a single Port to more than one Sonos room. A Port defines a Sonos room.

Just for the avoidance of doubt, you cannot add a single Port to more than one Sonos room. A Port defines a Sonos room.

Oh that won’t work the way I was hoping. I wonder if there’s a different way for me to do what I want. I’ll have to see what attributes are available in the Sonos home assistant integration. Thanks for confirming.