Answered

pop up blocking S1 app

• 6 February 2023
  • 5 replies

We have both S1 and S2 speakers and have both apps, essentially creating 2 systems in our home. I’m fine with that. What I’m not cool with is when I try to get onto my S1 app and it gives me this pop up that you cannot exit out of and blocks my S1 app. 

HOW DO I GET THIS TO GO AWAY?! SONOS is not what it was when we got our home system initially and now I can’t even use the majority of it.  

(And don’t get me started on the constant random disconnect of our two Roams…!)

icon

Best answer by John B 6 February 2023, 16:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

May I ask first which Sonos speakers you have in your S1 and S2 systems?  Your profile mentions a gen 1 Play:5 - do you still have that?

If I had the speakers you list in your profile I would be running a single S1 system.  Everyone has different priorities, but I am wondering whether your issue with the message stems from not having established the system split optimally.  Before advising I would like to understand if where you are trying to get is the place you really ought to be.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I run a split system without this problem. What happens after “More Options”?

On S1: 6x Play 1, play 3, Play 5

On S2: SONOS arc, mini sub, 2 roams

Under more options it doesn’t provide an option to exit. I uninstalled and reinstalled and the window went away but I’ve done that previously and it comes back eventually. I’ll get a pic of that when it happens again… 

Before re-installing the S1 controller, power down the S2 units.

OK - with those speakers you definitely do need S1 and S2.

I suggest that you power off your S2 system and uninstall the S2 app.  Then look in the Sonos S1 for the Compatibility Checker Tool.  Depending on what you have already done it may or may not be there.  If it is there, run it.  It will tell you that some of your speakers can be upgraded to S2, but if you refuse then it should give you the option to leave everything on S1.

If the Compatibility Check Tool is not there, just reset the S1 app (in App Preferences) and choose to connect to existing system.

Finally, power off all S1 devices, reinstall the S2 controller and connect to existing (S2) system.

Power S1 system back on.